AirPort Extreme, brand new

This is a discussion on AirPort Extreme, brand new within the Apple Airport forums, part of the Apple Hardware category; The other week I bought a brand new AirPort Extreme to replace my Linksys. Short story, one of the devices on my LAN is wireless ...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times

AirPort Extreme, brand new

The other week I bought a brand new AirPort Extreme to replace my Linksys. Short story, one of the devices on my LAN is wireless G and thus played havoc with the rest of the N devices since the Linksys I had was not dual-band. There was nothing wrong with the Linksys, I bought it when I was living alone and knew all my devices were N, but now with a roommate, I upgraded to Dual-Band. I spent the weekend checking through the settings, getting my Time Machine backup drive set up and working, got the MAC addresses for the main network inputted and the guest LAN set up for the roommate's laptop, Android phone and Wii. Since then, I have had no service spikes or drops and everything is working well. I can monitor the device from my MBP, iPad or iPhone.

So, it sounds like there are no issues. And there are not, however I am looking to see if there is a way to set up something I had on the Linksys that I used quite a bit. I had a small NAS device set up with a HD I used for transferring stuff to/from work via FTP. The Linksys had a screen and settings for setting up a DynDNS so I could get to my FTP server by name rather than IP address (which changes randomly on my ISP). Is there such a thing, or work-around that will allow the same thing on the AirPort Extreme?

Again, there is nothing wrong with the Airport Extreme, I just want to see if it has the same, or similar capability.
    Signatures? We don't need no stinkin' signatures!

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    I never have tried doing anything like that yet..

But, I would have to think you can still do it with a little poking and prodding around..

I'll see and keep my ears and eyes open and see what I come up with..

It seems I seen something in the airport settings that you can make work.. Maybe wrong, but, I seem
    to remember something in there somewhere...
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Remove Ads

Ads