How many of you have the Airport Extreme Router?

This is a discussion on How many of you have the Airport Extreme Router? within the Apple Airport forums, part of the Apple Hardware category; How many of you guys and gals have the Airport Extreme Router?? I do and must say that I like it quite a bit....

DrivetheGreen66

How many of you have the Airport Extreme Router?

How many of you guys and gals have the Airport Extreme Router??

I do and must say that I like it quite a bit.

2. Ads

DrivetheGreen66
    Supports up to 50 devices
    Dual band
    Build quality
    I have only had to reset it twice in 6 months

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I tried to one last weekend and could not get the router to connect to my DNS from my ISP. Well after 4 hours of headaches I gave up and returned it for a Linksys/Cisco E2500 and was up and running in 20 minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicksilver7714 View Post
    I tried to one last weekend and could not get the router to connect to my DNS from my ISP. Well after 4 hours of headaches I gave up and returned it for a Linksys/Cisco E2500 and was up and running in 20 minutes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    I really hate that it wouldn't work for you.

Sent from my Droid Charge via Tapatalk!!!

In a World of doesn't, Droid does.

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by iJasonTATE View Post
    That is the router I am currently using. The Airport Extreme Router does indeed offer great features, but I would never need to connect more than 3-5 devices, etc.
    I have about 12 devices connected right now.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have mine running, 20 devices total, but not at the same time. On average 8 at a time. I also have a drive connected for Time Machine on my MBP and an old printer (HP LaserJet 6P) connected with a TrendNet Print Server (Via Ethernet to the APE). Everything was up and running within minutes, and I spent more time to get things custom configured with static DHCP reservations for each known device. Also, having the Guest network set up for visitors is the bomb. I can give a simple password to friends and not worry about crap they bring in.

I recently added an Airport Express to my main stereo and in less than 5 minutes was streaming from my devices to my tuner (400w/ch 5.1 DTS) and enjoying freedom of movement. While I could do that with an Apple TV2, neither my TV nor Tuner support HDMI. I plan on changing, but not yet. something has to break first.
    Signatures? We don't need no stinkin' signatures!

Member #
    Just bought a airport extreme and had it extending my existing WiFi network (Peplink Surf to Go) and it was working great. So for some reason it stopped extending my existing network. I have since tried setting it up again but just with no luck. I have plugged it into the Ethernet port and created it's own network from there.

Before I selected extend existing Wifi network and showed the networks found around it and then I could select it and enter the network password and then it worked. Now it keeps on coming back not finding the network but if I select "join wireless network" then no problem. This is using my ipad to configure the product.

I would like to extend my network as with one wifi network it does not cover my house. I don't have copper line and thus the reason for using 3G to Wifi converter.

Help would be appriciated.
    Last edited by AppleMad; 04-28-2013 at 04:32 PM.

Remove Ads

Ads