iPad 2 poor connection to Airport Extreme Base Station

This is a discussion on iPad 2 poor connection to Airport Extreme Base Station within the Apple Airport forums, part of the Apple Hardware category; Hello. I am new to this forum and relatively new to Apple products as well. I purchase an iPad 2 a while back that usually ...

Member #

iPad 2 poor connection to Airport Extreme Base Station

Hello.

I am new to this forum and relatively new to Apple products as well. I purchase an iPad 2 a while back that usually had pretty poor connection to my old router and modem. A month ago my modem died and was replaced by the cable company with a brand new one, very quick, 15-20mbps. At the same time I updated my router because I couldn't get a very good signal across the house on my iPad. I purchased a new Apple Extreme Airport Base ($200). Setup was incredibly simple through the iPad and took less than a minute. The problem I am having is that the iPad has a very poor connection to the Airport Base. My laptops and video game systems all have a perfect connection, but the iPad continually loses connection and is very slow to load. At the office we have a netgear router and it works perfectly there.

Being new to Apple I have no idea what to do about fixing this. All my non Apple products work perfect on the Apple router, but the iPad 2 does not. Can anyone help trouble shoot this or know the steps to create a better connection between the two? I included a screenshot of the router/modem on the Airport Base Utility screen from the iPad.

Thanks!

iPad 2 poor connection to Airport Extreme Base Station-photo.png

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads