Itunes - Inappropriate Platform for Business Users

This is a discussion on Itunes - Inappropriate Platform for Business Users within the Apple for Business forums, part of the Apple Forums category; As an iPhone business user I have extremely low interest in using my iPhone for playing media like music and videos. I have absolutely no ...

Member #

Itunes - Inappropriate Platform for Business Users

As an iPhone business user I have extremely low interest in using my iPhone for playing media like music and videos.

I have absolutely no issues with Apple but I use an iPhone for my communications like phone, email and occasional browsing and interesting apps.

iTunes is made for people who want to enjoy media and so it defaults to music, videos etc. In my world I don't care about media and my business needs on my phone come first, I am sure that I cannot be alone in this.

In an ideal world it would be possible to configure iTunes so that I could turn off the bits that I never use - ie music, videos, TV programmes, Audiobooks, Films and place them firmly in the background, so that I could focus on what I want for my use, not what Apple believes is right for me.

If you want media first, that is fine, but does anyone out there agree with me that iTunes is a poorly devised tool if you don't want to focus on media and that it should either be configurable, or an alternative iDinosaur software be made available for us non-media types?

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    132 times
    iTunes has become a bit of a monster hasn't it? I never quite understood why they linked all the iPhone/iPad sync/backup/iOS update functionality with iTunes and didn't create a new app that just handled that. But to be honest, if you are happy using iCloud, all this functionality can be performed without even touching iTunes.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.2)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.2)
    'Marvin' - Hackintosh - Mavericks Server (10.9.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.1.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.1.1

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Absolutely agree. I help some of my more (totally) computer illiterate coworkers with their iPhones. When I suggest that they need iTunes on their laptops, they look at me like I'm treating them as children. And since I don't have admin rights on our network, trying to get the IT guy to take me seriously with my requests for iTunes on one laptop after another gets embarrassing.

I'd love a phone management system that looked after iOS and apps and absolutely NOTHING else.

Remove Ads

Ads