Enabling Music App Books in iTunes

This is a discussion on Enabling Music App Books in iTunes within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Wondering if Apps should be enabled in iTunes. What is the best way to organise where apps get loaded to. If I buy an App ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    41 times

Enabling Music App Books in iTunes

Wondering if Apps should be enabled in iTunes. What is the best way to organise where apps get loaded to. If I buy an App for iPad I maybe don't want it on iPhone and visa versa. Music and books I don't mind going to both devices. So should I enable all three on iTunes and turn apps off on iPhone and iPad. iPhone apps don't look good on iPad unless they are for both. So I have been trying to only get iPad apps for iPad. Any help much appreciated 😊

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Macette View Post
    Wondering if Apps should be enabled in iTunes. What is the best way to organise where apps get loaded to. If I buy an App for iPad I maybe don't want it on iPhone and visa versa. Music and books I don't mind going to both devices. So should I enable all three on iTunes and turn apps off on iPhone and iPad. iPhone apps don't look good on iPad unless they are for both. So I have been trying to only get iPad apps for iPad. Any help much appreciated 😊
    I dont know enough about it yet to say,i love the way music i put on my mac goes right to my ipad.

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonivy View Post
    I dont know enough about it yet to say,i love the way music i put on my mac goes right to my ipad.
    yes I would be happy with music moving from one to the other but you see what I mean about apps. at the min I have apps disabled on all devices and mac if I want it to go on phone I just find in in app store and re install. So we will see what other people do. ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    yes I would be happy with music moving from one to the other but you see what I mean about apps. at the min I have apps disabled on all devices and mac if I want it to go on phone I just find in in app store and re install. So we will see what other people do. ...
    Yes i think i do,u dont want everything on every device do u,i suppose u can delete what u dont want but that could start to be a pain.

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonivy View Post
    Yes i think i do,u dont want everything on every device do u,i suppose u can delete what u dont want but that could start to be a pain.
    Exactly !

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    As far as I know if you buy music or an app from a device it's only there and on your computer. If you have another device you will have access to what you buy through the cloud only as you wish by using the cloud feature in the app store. Deleting on a device will not affect a purchase that was done on your account, it is permanently in the Apple books and available at all times.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iVan View Post
    As far as I know if you buy music or an app from a device it's only there and on your computer. If you have another device you will have access to what you buy through the cloud only as you wish by using the cloud feature in the app store. Deleting on a device will not affect a purchase that was done on your account, it is permanently in the Apple books and available at all times.
    I was nearly sure I bought an app for iPad and it went to iPhone automatically. Maybe it was an app that did both devices. But I will definately try it again later.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    I was nearly sure I bought an app for iPad and it went to iPhone automatically. Maybe it was an app that did both devices. But I will definately try it again later.
    That could be an interesting experiment, please keep us posted.

Yuno Wataï Minh

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iVan View Post
    That could be an interesting experiment, please keep us posted.
    yes it happened again I just bought app advice app on iPad and it appeared on my iPhone as well. So maybe I can just toggle apps on and off when I don't want a particular app on a particular device in the settings for each device . 😊

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Hmm! Interesting.There must be an option somewhere to keep a device from being automatically loaded up. Just imagine loading media on a 64 GB iPad and the 8 iPod touch that automatically bloats up because it's too much...And if somehow malware gets onto a device the cloud would be the best way to spread it about your other devices.There must be a switch...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads