Thoughts on Music piracy?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Music piracy? within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; On apps they do, but not music....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Music piracy?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    On apps they do, but not music.
    DrivetheGreen66, iFrog and Spock like this.

2. Ads

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPoison View Post
    On apps they do, but not music.
    I meant music. Thanks for the clarification for everyone.

Member #

Wink

Music Piracy <3 :D I mean come on Music Artists make enough money from Tours and Record Labels!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Music Piracy <3 :D I mean come on Music Artists make enough money from Tours and Record Labels!
    Really?
    The Archangel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin View Post
    Actually some artists are practically owned by their label. Prince is the perfect example. Why do you think he changed his name.
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar6000 View Post
    OK I haven't done that often, but many people do.
    Doesn't make it right.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    We all (or most) work to get paid so we can have better life, of course we all have different incomes as well. I will not feel to good if I go to work and I don't get pay my salary. What's the difference between that and the artist? He should get pay for his songs, they had no way to tell if they will have a good song making a lot of $ or not but they still will like to get paid.
    iFrog - Ernie
    Apple Forums Moderation Team
    iMac 27" mid 2011 i7 3.4GHz, 16GB Ram, 2TB HD and 1GB Video Card
    iPhone 4 Black 32Gb - iOS 6.0.1 - iPad Mini Black 64GB Wifi - iOS 6.0.1
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for AppleForums.net

Super Moderator
    Member #
    One post has been removed for advocating and attempting to justify theft.
    DM51

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by iPawd View Post
    I think music piracy is a good thing, but of-course, its the complete contrary for the artists!

But i still do think that music should not cost money at all, only albums should cost money. These artists are complaining about people "stealing" there music. But their the millionaires here, were the ones who struggle to pay for more important stuff like insurance, phone bill ect...

These artists know what they are getting into, they are aware of music piracy before they get into the music industry.

Anyway for me, i have around 1,000 songs on my iPod Touch. On my music library, i have well over 5,000 songs!
    If every song on iTunes costs around 1,00$, my whole music library would cost over 5,000$.

Thats just ridiculous, i would have more important things to buy that cost around 5,000$ then music.

So what do you guys think?
    This subject never ceases to amaze me. Your justification for breaking the law is "I can't afford it". I am curious, do you steal cars? Do you steal furniture? Do you steal food? If you said no to all of those how do you justify stealing music then? Why aren't you stealing anything else? Is it because you believe it is a victimless crime? Or do you just feel entitled because you simply exist? Why is one type of theft "OK" but another type is a "No-No"?

I'll save you a lot of time for your response. You are a child that feels entitled. No more, no less. You will pass this trait on to your children should you have any. And one day you or your children will make the leap from theft of music to the theft of something that does involve physical items like a car, furniture or food. And the day you or your children end up caught and in jail you will have to ask yourself, was it really worth teaching yourself and them an illegal habit just because you felt you were entitled to it.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Thread closed.
    DM51

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads