Thoughts on Music piracy?

This is a discussion on Thoughts on Music piracy? within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; I think music piracy is a good thing, but of-course, its the complete contrary for the artists! But i still do think that music should ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Thoughts on Music piracy?

Member #

Post Thoughts on Music piracy?

I think music piracy is a good thing, but of-course, its the complete contrary for the artists!

But i still do think that music should not cost money at all, only albums should cost money. These artists are complaining about people "stealing" there music. But their the millionaires here, were the ones who struggle to pay for more important stuff like insurance, phone bill ect...

These artists know what they are getting into, they are aware of music piracy before they get into the music industry.

Anyway for me, i have around 1,000 songs on my iPod Touch. On my music library, i have well over 5,000 songs!
    If every song on iTunes costs around 1,00$, my whole music library would cost over 5,000$.

Thats just ridiculous, i would have more important things to buy that cost around 5,000$ then music.

So what do you guys think?
    iPod Touch 8gb, Xbox 360, Dell Computer And Turtle Beach x11.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I listen to the radio. Well most of the time.
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I think you would be surprised to find out how broke most artists are. It's a tough business and very few are successful in it. I purchase the music I really enjoy. For all other music I listen to it through Pandora. We also have good radio stations here in Austin, so I tend to listen to local stations when I drive around.

DrivetheGreen66
    I listen to Sirius when I'm on the road. And usually just listen to whatever is on my iPod when I'm around the house.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I definitely agree that if you are an artist and you make something people want you deserve to get paid. So I'm against piracy of any kind, be it software or music, etc. However, I also believe that some artists release crap. In that case, you should be able to return it easily.

Perfect example, I bought the AWOLNATION album because I liked the song Sail, and everything else on the album is complete and utter crap that sounds nothing like that song. Refund time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyApple View Post
    I definitely agree that if you are an artist and you make something people want you deserve to get paid. So I'm against piracy of any kind, be it software or music, etc. However, I also believe that some artists release crap. In that case, you should be able to return it easily.

Perfect example, I bought the AWOLNATION album because I liked the song Sail, and everything else on the album is complete and utter crap that sounds nothing like that song. Refund time.
    sounds like you should've used itunes...truthfully I haven't bought an actual album in years. But then again I bought a gogo mixtape in washington dc. Being that it's the only genre of music I listen to it's hard to come by. I have to find a way to get gogo music since it's not a popular form of music outside of washington dc. do I agree with buying music? yes but I'm not going to spend a dime on anything that's dumb. most definitely a nicki minaj album or lil wayne. I use tune in radio to listen to the radio bc I'm stuck in california

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I don't think iTunes allows you to return music for a refund does it? :)

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Not to my knowledge. They do have a short preview of each track though.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyApple View Post
    I don't think iTunes allows you to return music for a refund does it? :)
    I don't think so. But buying a single song versus a album is a way better

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by iCrank View Post
    I don't think so. But buying a single song versus a album is a way better
    Yes it is. Very rarely do I buy a full album from iTunes. Normally just the song I want.

I'm about 99% sure that iTunes doesn't allow refunds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads