Open letter to Tim Cook: seeking the individual customer experience

This is a discussion on Open letter to Tim Cook: seeking the individual customer experience within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Dear Tim, The original well-proven spirit of Apple is dead! As loyal and active customer of Apple, I have always be a true promotor of ...

Member #

Angry Open letter to Tim Cook: seeking the individual customer experience

Dear Tim,
    The original well-proven spirit of Apple is dead!
    As loyal and active customer of Apple, I have always be a true promotor of your technologies, devices and philosophy. Only the last 15 years - being the purchaser of the 1st-generation iPods and thus contributing to the renaissance of the company -, I have acquired about 25 to 30 devices spending more than 10K Euros. I have convinced my company as well as my fellow circle to move (back) to Apple. Because I knew that the company would give you the feeling to be different, the feeling to be special, the feeling to be a customer, your customer.
    I recently had a damage on my Apple Watch during a sport event. Surely my fault. But I felt decent to ask for a free repair or alternatively for a credit voucher against the commitment for the purchase of a new Apple device (e.g. iPad Pro). Having never asked a return for free from your Apple (no repair / exchange, no credit, etc.) and having shown my capacity to promote the brand, I thought it was in your hands. Not being treated as standard customer, but as Apple customer, the one I felt being in the past when Apple was unique.
    Phone calls and letters have lead to a strong deception. Being a standard customer, not a different one as for competitors, has become a reality difficult to digest.
    As I shared in the past my passion for your company, I will now share my disappointment with others, for the sake of transparency and honesty.
    Your disillusioned Apple cruncher.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Nice letter.

I've been, for different reasons, feeling quite the same as you do for several years now. Big dollars seem to have drowned the flow of brilliant, creative and original discovery that used to be Apple's identity brand since the start. In his last years Steve Jobs had transferred the branding of creativity from Apple brand to each of the different device brand. Ex: iPad is a brand, iMac is a brand and so forth. It seemed brilliant at first and it did work financially but it soon became a whitewashing of the original brand Apple was. Corporate law seems to be the main talent of the firm other than the engineering genius it once represented. Shame. But what gets to me the most is the planned obsolescence of ALL products Apple sells. It is known beforehand by all who buy and shamefully accepted as a must, whatever it entails.

Which brings me to this. What we spend now is supposed to be a legacy for those who follow. This kind of waste is not a legacy. It will be a burden on my children's future.

Season's greetings to you all. Think of your family, your grand children to be as they are not here yet...
    Last edited by iVan; 12-26-2015 at 10:38 AM.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Remove Ads

Ads