Who is jumping first....iOS 10 is here....

This is a discussion on Who is jumping first....iOS 10 is here.... within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Originally Posted by Poisonivy Thats strange. You can always ring Apple for advice if it keeps failing. It's a network timeout error, so it's either ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Who is jumping first....iOS 10 is here....

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonivy View Post
    Thats strange. You can always ring Apple for advice if it keeps failing.
    It's a network timeout error, so it's either Apple servers being swamped, or more likely slow network issues at my end....both my wife and I work from home now, so our connection is quite busy during the day....will maybe try last thing tonight.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    All done and dusted....iPad,iPhone and watch...I think the watch took the longest 2 hours. But all is good and no dramas, thank goodness. Still trying to learn how to use them all. Because the phone is old not all features are on it. I think to have everything you have to have at least 6s. So feeling inferior at the minute....:-/ But have to discover more bits yet. Glad you have began to get sorted Jezz . Well done Ivy happy playing....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Poisonivy likes this.
    iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JezzerP View Post
    It's a network timeout error, so it's either Apple servers being swamped, or more likely slow network issues at my end....both my wife and I work from home now, so our connection is quite busy during the day....will maybe try last thing tonight.
    Maybe it is your end then, Mine went through pretty fast.
    MacBook Pro Retina - macOS Sierra
    iPad Pro- iOS 10
    iPhone 7 Plus

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Anyone know where the apple installed stickers for iMessage are....this is on the iPad Air....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Who is jumping first....iOS 10 is here....-img_3091.jpg  
    iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Downloaded iOS10 onto my 5s with no problems. As always, major updates through iTunes. I only do minor updates OTA. iPad2 is now retired as far as updates go. I updated to 9.3.5 recently and that is that.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    iPad Air updated over night, so that's all this households devices sorted. As with KevinJS, my Wife's iPad 2 has come to the end of it's upgrade career with 9.3.5. We are both going to be upgrading when the new batch of iPads arrive next year...I'm going for a 12.9" iPad Pro, and the wife an iPad Air of some flavour. My current iPad Air will be passed on to my lad....he uses it more than I do at the moment anyway Not sure what to do with the iPad 2....still functions fine, just a little slowly.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    My old iPad is permanently installed to my workshop's sound system on an Apple vertical dock. It's perfect for music.

I did the same thing with my old iPod Touch2. It's now connected atop an iHome alarm clock in the bedroom...

All you do is clean up all the apps to fill the thing with music... Or images.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I use my iPad2 as the remote control for my Yamaha home theatre receiver. It's perfect for that since HT remote controls are generally horrible, having masses of tiny buttons that are next to impossible to tell apart in a darkened room.

It spent a long time with me in my truck being used for GPS. There's no feeling of security quite like knowing that you are on the right road when you are driving a vehicle that is 80 feet long and the road is a goat trail. These days, all of my driving is on paved highways and my iPhone is good enough for what I need. I'm more interested in time than direction.

Of course, in spite of the iPad2 having come to the end of its updates, it is still perfectly useable. My dock is an inStudio, specifically made for the iPad2, where the iPad2 sits permanently.

Eventually, I may buy an iPad Pro but that is way back on the back burner, behind all the other toys I want, don't need, can't afford but will have anyway.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Found the time to install iOs 10 on the iPad Air2. The only reason was to get rid of unwanted Apple Apps...
    But I might go for the Apple buds
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Remove Ads

Ads