Lets get this cleared up I reckon - Siri -

This is a discussion on Lets get this cleared up I reckon - Siri - within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Various tweets said yesterday that Siri could work on the 4 and was available on iOS 5.01 ( feel free to correct ) So, is ...

Member #

Lets get this cleared up I reckon - Siri -

Various tweets said yesterday that Siri could work on the 4 and was available on iOS 5.01 ( feel free to correct )

So, is Apple going to release Siri for the iPhone4 and others?

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    If you want an answer in a nutshell, yes they will or should be getting it soon
    along side of the iPads as well..

I'll post something later, as I am on my phone right now....

Sent from my iPhone 4 via TapaTalk
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

iPhone 4 Siri port made legally possible by Apple with iOS 5.0.1 update today

Earlier today we reported that Apple’s iOS 5.0.1 update today was the first iPhone 4S firmware build that’s both official and has an accessible encryption key for its main file system, thus meaning that browsing the device’s main file system with your PC is now possible. From a later tweet by iOS hacker @MuscleNerd, it seems that Apple has made a Siri port legally possible with today’s iOS 5.0.1 update by offering open access to system files that were previously encrypted.

MuscleNerd, a figurehead in the iOS jailbreaking and hacking community, tweeted today that the iOS 5.0.1 update from today made iOS 5 on the iPhone 4 “(to clarify: wide open for inspection from a Mac/PC…not wide open security wise :) Can get Siri files and such without piracy)”. Previously, to legally run Siri, one would have to have access to an iPhone 4S unique identifier, and the key would need to be rotated every 24 hours to avoid being detected. If a large enough number of these devices start calling on Siri from one 4S identifier, Apple will be able to see the activity and kill the port permanently.

I really do not want to get into it anymore than that right now for issues with the legalizing going on and with

No one really knows why Apple has left such a wide opening for hackers to exploit when the notion of a Siri port has been such a hotly discussed item as of recent. We’ll keep you updated when whether there’re further updates from Apple about Siri, or development fron third-party groups and developers.
    12-16-11

Source

Remove Ads

Ads