Iphone stuck in recovery mode

This is a discussion on Iphone stuck in recovery mode within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; My iphone is unlocked & jailbroken, I tryed to restore it in itunes & now it is stuck in recovery mode. I have tried everything ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #

Iphone stuck in recovery mode

My iphone is unlocked & jailbroken, I tryed to restore it in itunes & now it is stuck in recovery mode. I have tried everything I have researched about it, no luck! Can someone please help?

2. Ads

Member #
    1.Press down the Home and Power buttons on your iPhone until it shuts off.
    2.Connect it to your computer with the USB cable.
    3.Press and hold down the Home button.
    4.Hold it down until iTunes says your device is entering recovery mode.
    5.Now you should be able to Restore using iTunes.
    More Reviews:
    iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
    Apple Recovery Mode
    Last edited by AntonyWhite; 11-25-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by csevruk View Post
    My iphone is unlocked & jailbroken, I tryed to restore it in itunes & now it is stuck in recovery mode. I have tried everything I have researched about it, no luck! Can someone please help?
    Don't worry, I just have a similar situation, so I search on the internet, there is an article said iPhone Data Recovery can get your iPhone back to normal and get all data back from iPhone. It can actually solve iPhone stuck in recovery mode. I ask my friend about the software. Some of them had ever used and it's trustworthy. You can have a try too. best of luck!
    Last edited by kelvin G; 11-24-2013 at 10:04 PM.

Member #
    Go to nearest Apple service center to get your iPhone fixed. Jailbreaking iPhone 6 is strictly not recommended.

Member #
    If your iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
    1. Make sure your iTunes is up to data, if not re-download itunes.
    2. After re-installing iTunes, plug your iphone via USB into your computer. iTunes will automatically pick it up and a pop up box will probally say that your iPhone is in recovery mode would you like to restore.
    3. Click the restore tab.
    Note - If iTunes if out of date, this will not work.
    Note - Do not do this over wifi
    Note - Do not interrupt the restore
    Note - If you did not make a previous back up, your iPhone will restore back to the factroy settings.
    All this happened to me, fortunately I made a back up. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by dolphinlee; 12-18-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Member #

iPhone stuck in recovery mode

When you made the backup, you may have told it to encrypt the backup so that
    you can solve the problem of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.

Therefore I used the normal iTunes backup and restore found under the Summary tab in iTunes. If your data is still on the other phone, back it up again with iTunes. To use iTunes you have to start it, connect your phone to the computer with a cable, then select the iPhone button near the top right corner of the screen. Be sure not to check the encrypt button. You can recover iPhone data to factory settings successfully.
    Last edited by Lancastary; 03-11-2014 at 05:52 AM.

Member #
    Thanks so much! I was having the same issue.

love APPLEFORUMS!

Member #
    The following will work for you to recover lost data of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
    Solution 1 : Turn off your device , then turn back on and everything should be fine.

Solution 2 : Plug your device into a PC or a MAC then iTunes should detect your device is in recovery mode and release you from recovery mode.

ITUNES will automatically pick it up and a pop up box will probally say that your IPHONE is in recovery mode would you like to restore?

3. Click the restore tab.
    Note - If ITUNES if out of date, this will not work.
    Note - Do not do this over WIFI
    Note - Do not interrupt the restore
    Note - If you did not make a previous back up, your iPhone will restore back to the factory settings.

Solution 3 : RESTORE, your iPod

Solution 4: Press and hold the power button for 5 secs , press and hold the home button and release the power button. Now press the power button and the home button for 10 secs.
    Hope iPhone Data Recovery can help you!
    Last edited by gracetaw; 05-05-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Member #
    As long as you don’t disable the automatic sync option in iTunes, it will automatically generate a backup for your iOS device when you plug your device into your Mac or PC, and the backup file updates along with your every sync. So it is certainly sure and easy to restore iPhone from iTunes backup. That is, you can recover your iPhone/iPad/iPod data from the recent iTunes backup whenever the data is missing.So you can try Wondershare Dr.Fone for iOS to recover your data.
    Last edited by BeataYonng; 05-08-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Member #
    I have a 4S. I don't see 'start scan' button. Message says that my device is not normal and need to restart. I restart and nothing changes.
    I don't see the 'start' button either, to follow the hold home+power buttons technique.
    Steelray Software - early technology adopter and fan of both Apple and Microsoft products.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads