What made you switch?

This is a discussion on What made you switch? within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Did you switch from a PC to a Mac? What made you switch?...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    11 times

What made you switch?

Did you switch from a PC to a Mac? What made you switch?
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I've switched back and forth so many times I dont even know... But if i had to choose something I would say the fact that macs are virtually virus proof.
    iMac G4 1.0GHz PPC G4, 1.5GB RAM, iPad 16GB 4.3.3 JB, iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.2 JB

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iJasonTATE View Post
    I've switched back and forth so many times I dont even know... But if i had to choose something I would say the fact that macs are virtually virus proof.
    Mac' are not virus proof. Yes they have better written software but there are still viruses for Mac's, its just that a windows users offer a larger target group for hackers and thus they can do more damage.

If Mac was the primary home pc around the world then it would have more viruses being written for it than windows.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I switched because I got sick of my windows machines crashing constantly. I had a few friends who had macs and tried theirs and decided I would give it a go. That was nearly 4 years ago and the only problems I've had have been self inflicted. People used to say that Macs were expensive, but if you take into account that they come preloaded with most of the software you require they work out about the same.
    iPhone 6 iOS 8.1.1
    New iPad (3) iOS 8.1.1
    iMac using Yosemite.
    MacBook Pro 9.2 running Yosemite.
    Apple TV 2nd Generation

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    auggie - I agree with your post. Glad you brought out the point about the software you have to purchase with a Windoz machine.
    I bought my first Mac in 2008 after dropping my GW. Dead. Needed new mother board. No way. Had a great, knowledgeable sales person at a major retailer that showed me Macs and some of the differences. I walked out with my first Mac and have never looked back. I bought a One-to-One membership at the Apple Store. Great investment.
    I got tired of the crashes and freezes and viruses on Windoz. Also lost files after a crash. Very slow operating system. And the final clincher for me was Vista.
    So glad I changed. Even though my Apple Store is about an hour away, I've learned so much in my One-to-One classes. Really enjoy all of my Apple products. Just added a 13" MacBook Air running Lion.
    iMac 22", MacBook Air 13", iPhone 4, Apple Camera Connection kit, Apple Airport Express, Jawbone Jambox, Apple Wireless Keyboard, Apple Magic Mouse, One-to-One membership (Apple training), iPod Touch (4th Generation)

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I went from PC to Mac, I heard all the hate for Mac's but I like the design and there editing programs at the time (when I made some videos). I also desperately needed a new laptop and I was sick of the sight of Blue screens of Death...
    iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM - July 2010 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB Black
    MacBook 13" 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

d -_- b Dre Beats Studio (White)

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    When I switch, I will be so glad I did. I play with my brother's MacBook pro sometimes and it is so awesome. Just works every time. And the hardware design is great too.
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    When I switch, I will be so glad I did. I play with my brother's MacBook pro sometimes and it is so awesome. Just works every time. And the hardware design is great too.
    I did originally want the MacBook Pro but ended up with the MacBook. They're both great machines!
    iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM - July 2010 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB Black
    MacBook 13" 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

d -_- b Dre Beats Studio (White)

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I switched after using Macs in a high school Photography/Graphics class. Then a few years later when I got my first Tax Return in 2007 I bought my MacBook 13".
    I was tired of the constant freezing and need to ctrl+alt+delete. I also had a bootcamp partition of XP for the few Windows applications that I needed(just haven't got done back to installing it since upgraded my hard drive. I liked the simplicity of use of the Mac and iLife suite that came with it to organize pics, and iMovie is pretty cool too.
    And since I had the money to buy what I wanted to, thats what I got. And I remember family members telling me nothing is compatible and you won't be able to get school software for it. Now my Girlfriend has a MacBook, and my Sister got a MacBook too.

DrivetheGreen66
    I switched because I hated Vista and wanted to try something new. I love my Macbook Pro but still use my windows desktop for some stuff. I have my Macbook Dual Boot into Windows 7 because I need excel for some of my economics classes (some stuff from some professors isn't compatible with the Mac version of Office.)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads