Need help updating my iPod Touch to iOS 6.

This is a discussion on Need help updating my iPod Touch to iOS 6. within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Dear Apple Experts, I have been trying to update my iPod Touch 4th Gen (not jailbroken) to iOS 6 but I am encountering errors. While ...

Member #

Unhappy Need help updating my iPod Touch to iOS 6.

Dear Apple Experts,

I have been trying to update my iPod Touch 4th Gen (not jailbroken) to iOS 6 but I am encountering errors. While trying to download via iTunes, I was shown
    "Network Error" so I downloaded an IPSW file but then - "iPod 'blahblah' could not be updated error 3149" please help me guys iPod still using iOS 4.3.5 really outdated and I'm not being able to use any of the latest apps requirig iOS 6.

2. Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by XtrGamer View Post
    Dear Apple Experts,

I have been trying to update my iPod Touch 4th Gen (not jailbroken) to iOS 6 but I am encountering errors. While trying to download via iTunes, I was shown
    "Network Error" so I downloaded an IPSW file but then - "iPod 'blahblah' could not be updated error 3149" please help me guys iPod still using iOS 4.3.5 really outdated and I'm not being able to use any of the latest apps requirig iOS 6.
    I haven't had an error updating software since iOS 5 allowing you to wirelessly update. But when I did encounter errors I always chose the "download only" option instead of "download and update". Have you tried that?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCross View Post
    I haven't had an error updating software since iOS 5 allowing you to wirelessly update. But when I did encounter errors I always chose the "download only" option instead of "download and update". Have you tried that?
    Didn't work bro... the prob with iTunes is that my internetkeeps conking off... by the time it comes back on connection times out. How do I prevent iTunes from this?

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by XtrGamer View Post
    Didn't work bro... the prob with iTunes is that my internetkeeps conking off... by the time it comes back on connection times out. How do I prevent iTunes from this?
    Bummer... Take it to an Apple Store or find the update file elsewhere, if you can. Maybe you can take it to a friends house and update it there - numerous possibilities. But before you leave your home give this a shot

Download iPod Touch Firmware / IPSW Files

Scroll all the way down to iOS 6.0.1 for iPod touch 4th gen and download it. It's not through iTunes so you don't have to worry about that pesky timeout problem because of your magic Internet connection. Hope your not paying much for it.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #
    I have to know, did you feel like this guy?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SENXkAdzPy8

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TomCross View Post
    I have to know, did you feel like this guy?

Diablo 3 RAGE!!!! - YouTube
    OMG LOL MAN THAT GUY IS HUGE!! no way not even close but thanks for the laugh. I think my problem was that I downloaded the IPSW for iOS 6 instead iOS 6.0.1 which is why iTunes rejected it. Downloading iOS 6.0.1 IPSW now. Like, NOW now.

Member #
    Yeah I love that video. So did it work?

Remove Ads

Ads