ipad charging

This is a discussion on ipad charging within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; my ipad 2 is purchased a month ago but it doesn't charge using the included wall adapter and even at the USB port on my ...

Thread: ipad charging

Member #

ipad charging

my ipad 2 is purchased a month ago but it doesn't charge using the included wall adapter and even at the USB port on my laptop. It doesn't signal "NOT charging". I'm disappointed with this ipad trouble.. can someone help me to figure out what the problem is and how to fix such?

Another thing, it was bought from Australia via apple online store but i am here in the Philippines so can i use here its service warranty?

Your replies would be highly appreciated folks! thanks

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Perhaps the lead is faulty? Do you have access to another one to try? I would do a restore to eliminate any software issues also.

I believe you can take it to any apple store you like. If you end up with a replacement it may differ slightly from the one you have just now. For example ther was a user over on iphoneforums that had a faulty iPhone he got replaced in china. However the Chinese version of the iPhone has limitations like YouTube and FaceTime due to Chinese laws. I don't know of any such restrictions where you are now...
    Last edited by iGaz; 09-04-2011 at 06:16 AM.
    iPhone 4 iOS 5 beta 7 Unlocked
    iPhone 3GS 4.3.5 Unlocked
    iPod Touch 4G 4.3.5

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Excuse my ignorance, but are the power systems compatible between Australia and Philippines? If not, you won't get the required 10W from the wall charger.

I would expect to see the "Not Charging" message, which indicates the iPad is powered but is not getting the necessary 10W. It is perfectly normal to see this message on a wide range of PC's, including laptops, which do not have new 10W USB ports.
    My MacBookPro will fully charge my iPad, but my Dell laptop will only trickle charge and shows the "Not Charging" message.
    15" MacBookPro with Retina Display 16GB 3.4GHz i7 256GB | iPad4 WiFi 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad3 4G 64GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPad2 3G 64GB 5.1.1 (redsn0w) | iPad1 3G 64GB 4.3.3 (jbme) |
    iPhone5 32GB 6.1.2 (evasi0n) | iPhone4S 64GB 5.1.1 (absinthe) | iPhone4 32GB 4.3.3 (jbme) | iPhone3G 16GB 3.1.3 (jbme) | iPod Classic 6G 160GB (stock) | AppleTV 2G 5.0.2 (seas0npass)

If it ain't broke... Jailbreak it!

Please review the AppleForums.net Guidelines of Conduct before posting!

Remove Ads

Ads