post purchase inspection on used macbook

This is a discussion on post purchase inspection on used macbook within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; I bought a used macbook and want to have it checked out to see if its in the excellent condition the seller said it is ...

Member #

post purchase inspection on used macbook

I bought a used macbook and want to have it checked out to see if its in the excellent condition the seller said it is such as having a near new battery. i don't know how to check how long the battery will last. if this macbook pro is supposed to last 9 hours on charge but goes only 5-6 is this any indication? can i go to the genius bar at apple to have the laptop checked out since its still on warranty until end of year?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    9 hours on a MacBook Pro would seem excessive however......to see how used or not the battery is, click the Apple symbol (top left of screen), then in the drop down menu click About This Mac......then, click on more or system report depending on which version of OSX you are running. Under Hardware click on power, as you look down at the resulting list you will see health information for the battery, condition should be normal and cycle count will tell you how many times the battery has been charged.

Hope that helps.

The Archangel
    The Archangel

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I just had a look in the Apple Store, the latest range of MacBook Pro's show battery life of 7 hours so yours sounds pretty good. It will vary according to how you have it set up ie screen brightness level, disk use, Bluetooth, etc......it all eats away at your battery life.

The Archangel
    The Archangel

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Yea, I think that 9 hours is a bit of over inflating a bit...

That would be under very minimal usage.. Sorta like gas mileage on a car,
    going either down hill, or, following a semi truck.. Unreal readings...
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Remove Ads

Ads