Poor Quality of manufacture of MLB of MacAir and Refusal of Apple to provide Relief

This is a discussion on Poor Quality of manufacture of MLB of MacAir and Refusal of Apple to provide Relief within the Apple Discussions forums, part of the Apple Forums category; I had purchased a MacAir 01 year & 04 months ago at a great cost. The MLB of the MacAir packed up without any misuse ...

Member #

Poor Quality of manufacture of MLB of MacAir and Refusal of Apple to provide Relief

I had purchased a MacAir 01 year & 04 months ago at a great cost.
    The MLB of the MacAir packed up without any misuse or physical damage from my end.Has been confirmed by Apple auth Service Center.
    The MLB is not supposed to become unserviceable in such a short time

The equipment warranty had expired just two months earlier but Apple refuses to allow exception even though they agree that it should not have happened without any misuse from client end, in such a short time.

In other words they are admitting to poor manufacturing quality control in case of MacAir.

I had spent 40% higher for buying the Apple Product in the first place and am now expected to pay the cost of new laptop for a new laptop while the fault is in apple
    quality control????? Extremely disappointed and un happy.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    I can understand your frustration, the logic board really shouldn't be failing after such a short period of time, as Apple have admitted to. However, seeing the standard manufacturers one year warranty has expired, they are under no legal obligation to provide you with a free replacement. And can you imagine what would happen if they started making exceptions and word got around? Bye-bye all that income from Apple Care extended warranties for a start!! It's just not going to happen with a company such as Apple. I do feel for you, really I do, but you get very little for free in this life and you have come across a very unfortunate example.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Remove Ads

Ads