Apple to Open Retail Outlets Within 25 Target Stores in 2012

This is a discussion on Apple to Open Retail Outlets Within 25 Target Stores in 2012 within the Apple News forums, part of the Apple News Room category; AppleInsider reports today that Apple is planning to open new “store-within-a-store” retail outlets in Target stores in the US this year in order to expand ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Apple to Open Retail Outlets Within 25 Target Stores in 2012

AppleInsider reports today that Apple is planning to open new “store-within-a-store” retail outlets in Target stores in the US this year in order to expand its retail arm further into smaller metropolitan areas. AppleInsider says that according to sources familiar with Apple’s plans, Apple will open 25 Apple-branded retail areas within bigger Target stores in areas in which a standalone Apple store would not normally be considered financially viable. Opening in just 25 out of Target’s 1752 stores is quite a small undertaking to begin with, but presumably if it works well and Apple is pleased with the results of the venture, more outlets will be opened. As AppleInsider points out, Apple already has a similar arrangement with Best Buy, with “store-within-a-store” outlets in 600 Best Buy stores. Apple previously had similar partnerships with Sears, Circuit City, Computer City and Office Max, but AppleInsider notes that these were discontinued by Apple when it decided to concentrate on its own retail stores, and also to focus on the now defunct CompUSA.

Source: AppleInsider | Apple to open new store-within-a-store outlets inside Target this year

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Wish Apple would open more stores here,like in my town would be nice.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    317 times
    You ought to live near me..

I've never even seen one, none just going into one.

I think the closet one near me is about 150 miles or so.. That's bad for the U.S. anyways.
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkyscott21 View Post
    You ought to live near me..

I've never even seen one, none just going into one.

I think the closet one near me is about 150 miles or so.. That's bad for the U.S. anyways.
    We have one about 20 miles away

Remove Ads

Ads