New 15-inch MacBook Air Said to be Coming in April

This is a discussion on New 15-inch MacBook Air Said to be Coming in April within the Apple News forums, part of the Apple News Room category; 9to5 Mac reports today that according to various news stories floating around the Internet, a new 15-inch MacBook Air is very definitely on the way ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

New 15-inch MacBook Air Said to be Coming in April

9to5 Mac reports today that according to various news stories floating around the Internet, a new 15-inch MacBook Air is very definitely on the way from Apple, and it could be here as soon as April. Electricpig is the source of the first story, which says that the site has heard from a source who is a “key player in MacBook docking solutions” that this new MacBook will have neither an Ethernet connection nor an optical drive, and will have ports on either side. Electricpig’s source said that the new MacBook Air will be released in April, and that it would “kill” the 15-inch MacBook Pro. This would tie in with other rumours that say that Apple will be phasing out the present MacBook Pro versions during 2012. Electricpig’s report is backed up by another story on HowToArena, which says that sources in Apple’s Asian supply chain have confirmed that a thinner 15-inch MacBook Pro will be launched by the end of April. The source says that this new netbook will be thinner than the current MacBook Pro, but thicker than a MacBook Air. This particular source also says that the new notebook, which sounds like a merging of the MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, will have Ivy Bridge Core i5 and Core i7 processors.

Source: Everybody says new 15-inch MacBook Air is coming, details scant | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
    Last edited by Maura; 03-16-2012 at 12:57 PM.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    No ethernet connection? Now what's that all about? Now whilst I use my MBP wirelessly most of the time, if I'm at home and wanting to shuffle a large number of files around on my network, I will nearly always plug the ethernet cable in....I think this is a bit of a deal killer as far as I'm concerned (if it proves to be true), particularly seeing we are talking about a 15" model, which many people may very well keep permanently on their desks.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JezzerP View Post
    No ethernet connection? Now what's that all about? Now whilst I use my MBP wirelessly most of the time, if I'm at home and wanting to shuffle a large number of files around on my network, I will nearly always plug the ethernet cable in....I think this is a bit of a deal killer as far as I'm concerned (if it proves to be true), particularly seeing we are talking about a 15" model, which many people may very well keep permanently on their desks.
    agree with that and i still like having a disc drive,wouldn't swap my 13" mbp for that.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just got a MBA 13" last Monday and I love that!!!
    iFrog - Ernie
    Apple Forums Moderation Team
    iMac 27" mid 2011 i7 3.4GHz, 16GB Ram, 2TB HD and 1GB Video Card
    iPhone 4 Black 32Gb - iOS 6.0.1 - iPad Mini Black 64GB Wifi - iOS 6.0.1
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for AppleForums.net

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iFrog View Post
    I just got a MBA 13" last Monday and I love that!!!
    Hey Ernie, I have the very same and I love it, it's a great machine.

The Archangel
    The Archangel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1 View Post
    Hey Ernie, I have the very same and I love it, it's a great machine.

The Archangel
    I'm telling you, I got me the iMac 27" last month (wish I love it to) however this little MBA is super fast and very portable :)

I'm apple out here in the house now... lol I think I need to buy apple stock next... LOL
    iFrog - Ernie
    Apple Forums Moderation Team
    iMac 27" mid 2011 i7 3.4GHz, 16GB Ram, 2TB HD and 1GB Video Card
    iPhone 4 Black 32Gb - iOS 6.0.1 - iPad Mini Black 64GB Wifi - iOS 6.0.1
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for AppleForums.net

Remove Ads

Ads