Apple Starts Converting MobileMe User Email Addresses to iCloud.com

This is a discussion on Apple Starts Converting MobileMe User Email Addresses to iCloud.com within the Apple News forums, part of the Apple News Room category; According to a report on MacRumors, Apple has started to convert MobileMe users’ addresses at me.com to iCloud.com addresses. This fact was revealed today when ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Apple Starts Converting MobileMe User Email Addresses to iCloud.com

According to a report on MacRumors, Apple has started to convert MobileMe users’ addresses at me.com to iCloud.com addresses. This fact was revealed today when Apple released iOS 6 Beta 3 to developers, which contained details of the switch in its change log. Here’s the relevant quote in full from the change log:

“icloud.com email addresses are now available for iCloud mail users. Users signing up for new Apple IDs, or enabling Mail on their iCloud account for the first time, will automatically receive an @icloud.com email address instead of a me.com email address. iCloud users with @me.com addresses that have been used with iOS 6 beta 3 will receive an @icloud.com email address that matches their @me.com address.”
    Also reporting on the news, The Next Web said that this change should help with various issues that it has noticed on OS X Mountain Lion and iOS, where non-Apple email addresses that are also used as iCloud contacts can't be used as iCloud mail account, e.g., if someone with a Gmail account signed up for iCloud with their Apple ID, and then added their Gmail account to Mountain Lion, they currently get error messages when they try to activate iCloud mail.

Source: Apple Rolling Out iCloud.com Email Addresses with iOS 6 Beta 3 - Mac Rumors
    Apple Issues iCloud.com Email Addresses Starting With iOS 6 Beta 3

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads