Here's the New Macbook Lineup Including the New Macbook Pro 13-inch

This is a discussion on Here's the New Macbook Lineup Including the New Macbook Pro 13-inch within the Apple News forums, part of the Apple News Room category; Here's the Apple Macbook lineup with pricing for each model....

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Here's the New Macbook Lineup Including the New Macbook Pro 13-inch

Here's the Apple Macbook lineup with pricing for each model.

2. Ads

Member #
    I feared Apple would restrict the options on the Macbook Pro 13'. It appears we can not choose to upgrade the memory to 16 GB. And we are limited with an i5 core processor unless we jump up to 2.9 ghz. Why apple why? I've been waiting to buy this new laptop, but I want the additional memory. I want the portablity and power. What good is a 2.9 quad core going to do me with only 8 GB memory. Let me upgrade for $100 bucks already and I'm ordering. I don't want the 15'' because I want the lightest possible with most power. Why limit us Apple? Why?? i do hope that in a few days, the option gets added for more memory like you did when you rolled out your Retina display 15' a few months ago. SO, I can't order now...dang it!!

Member #
    I seee, ok so not only can we not get the 16 GB ram for the 13' macbook pro retina, it does not have the dedicated graphics card either. SO honestly, if I intend to do such work, i guess I'm forced to get the 15.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

MacBook Pro 13″ Retina Released: Specs & Prices

An all new Retina version of the MacBook Pro 13″ has been released. Starting at $1699, itís available beginning today, October 23, and itís quite a powerhouse in a surprisingly lightweight package. Here are the base model specs:

Base Specs

13.3″ Retina IPS display at 2560◊1600 resolution
    2.5GHz Core i5 CPU or greater
    8GB RAM, upgradeable to 16GB via build-to-order
    128GB or larger SSD
    Intel HD 4000 GPU
    7 hour battery life
    Unibody aluminum enclosure
    HDMI, SD Card reader, USB 3.0 ports
    FaceTime HD camera
    Backlit keyboard
    3.5lbs
    0.75″ thin, 20% thinner than prior model

Of course there will be build-to-order options, and other variations will be available in the following configurations.

Retina MacBook Pro 13″ Models & Pricing

Base: 2.5GHz Core i5, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD Ė $1699
    Mid: 2.5GHz Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
    Upper: 2.9GHz Core i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD

The original non-retina MacBook Pro 13″ still remains in Appleís lineup, though itís clear that the thinner, lighter, more powerful retina versions are the future of the MacBook Pro. If youíre in the market for a new Mac and can afford the difference in pricing, get the retina model.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I'm being pulled in a few different directions after yesterday's announcements of new models. There's quite a saving by going for the 13", which is kinda tempting, especially since the 768Gb flash storage is available, but that 15" still has all kinds of positives going for it. Then again, there's that beautiful new iMac. The $800 saving on the 13" would make the iMac a no brainer as a new home computer.

Decisions, decisions...

Remove Ads

Ads