Do You Live In An iPhone State or Android State?

This is a discussion on Do You Live In An iPhone State or Android State? within the Apple News forums, part of the Apple News Room category; The iPhone is well-represented in the Northeast and Midwest, according to statistics released by Jumptap, a mobile ad network. The iPhone is also strong in ...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    14 times

Do You Live In An iPhone State or Android State?

The iPhone is well-represented in the Northeast and Midwest, according to statistics released by Jumptap, a mobile ad network. The iPhone is also strong in Montana and Louisiana.

Android is very strong in the West, plus the rust belt of Ohio, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. BlackBerry remains strong around Washington, DC, with RIM being the provider of choice for government bureaucrats -- at least for now. Corporate-centric New York is also a stronghold for BlackBerry.

There doesn't seem to be any obvious correlation between iPhone or Android use and statistics like per capita income or population density. TechCrunch has the complete study. The chart
    above isn't particularly informative -- it doesn't give precise market share breakdowns -- but it is an interesting look at which states are over representing one brand or the other.

Source: Jumptap and Tech Crunch

2. Ads

DrivetheGreen66
    NC is neutral.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I don't live in the states but are there really more states with Androids than iPhones :O.
    iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM - July 2010 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB Black
    MacBook 13" 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

d -_- b Dre Beats Studio (White)

Member #
    I don't see Hawaii being represented. Living out here for awhile I've got to say that it's pretty neutral maybe tipping towards the Android side.
    "There's strength in numbers... Numbers can be deceiving."~ iPhone 4, iPad 2

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Blackberry dominance in some states? Check back in six months or a year, but they all go to Android or iOS.

DrivetheGreen66
    Quote Originally Posted by 1KDS View Post
    Blackberry dominance in some states? Check back in six months or a year, but they all go to Android or iOS.
    Definitely. BB is the past.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    All those old business men in New York won't switch away from their BlackBerry.

The results aren't too shocking. I think there are more Android devices in the more populated states, since Android devices are cheaper and you can get them on prepaid services. There are only two places to get an iPhone and both are contract.
    MacBook Air 11", 1.6 i5, 4GB, 128GB SSD
    MacBook 2.0GHz C2D | 23" HD Dell Monitor
    32GB White iPad 2 Wifi | Apple Bluetooth Keyboard
    32GB Black iPhone 4

Member #
    BB for now...check again in 6mo and I bet it changes dramatically.Cya

Administrator
    Brisbane, Australia 18 hours ahead of USA West Coast
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Australia is apple dominated in smart phones and just for the record iPhone is one phone company and Google has 50 manufactures with Android operating system installed and they better have majority

So in my opinion this is a non comparison. To be fair one has to compare smart phones by brand similar to iPhone and cost not a tinker toy have I got a deal for you android cheap phone.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    That is a good point but we are just comparing one OS to another. Apple is the only manufacture that develops the OS and builds the hardware for the OS to run on. Essentially there is no fair comparison but I see nothing wrong with comparing one OS to another.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

Remove Ads

Ads