Is An Entirely New Type of Mac On the Way From Apple?

This is a discussion on Is An Entirely New Type of Mac On the Way From Apple? within the Apple News forums, part of the Apple News Room category; 9to5 Mac reports today on a story on Japanese website macotakara.jp that says that according to an anonymous source, Apple is planning to launch a ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Is An Entirely New Type of Mac On the Way From Apple?

9to5 Mac reports today on a story on Japanese website macotakara.jp that says that according to an anonymous source, Apple is planning to launch a brand new type of Mac that is completely different to any current products. According to the report, this new computer will be so far removed from any other device in Apple’s product line that it might even be given a totally new name. Could it be an iOS/OS X hybrid, 9to5 Mac asks? Well that’s not entirely implausible, as there were rumours earlier in the year that Apple might be looking into merging iOS and OS X. The Japanese report doesn't have many details on possible specs for this new computer, although 9to5 Mac says that it is possible that the report is actually referring to the rumoured ultra-thin Air-type MacBooks, which some reports have said are currently at a late testing stage with Apple. Or maybe everyone's barking up totally the wrong tree, and Apple is really working on something completely new that will take us all by surprise?

Source: Apple plans to launch entirely new Mac this year? | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Maura.....you've gotta stop doing this, every time I'm ready to buy a new Mac you come up with another rumour and I just get confused......you need a nice long holiday so I can settle down and just by a Mac..........
    The Archangel

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Apple is alway experimenting with new ways of computing and has leaked ideas a few times. Personally I'm still waiting for what they were calling a "personal digital assistant", an AI that performs searches and tasks for you when you're not able or patient enough to do them.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1 View Post
    Maura.....you've gotta stop doing this, every time I'm ready to buy a new Mac you come up with another rumour and I just get confused......you need a nice long holiday so I can settle down and just by a Mac..........

Lol! Sorry! But if I have a nice long holiday, then I won't be able to buy a Mac!!

Member #
    An Arm powered macmini with SSD would be interesting.
    The ultimate in low profile computers.

Remove Ads

Ads