Apple Said to Be Adding Remote Diagnostic Facility to iOS

This is a discussion on Apple Said to Be Adding Remote Diagnostic Facility to iOS within the Apple News forums, part of the Apple News Room category; AppleInsider reports today that Apple has plans to include a Web-based remote diagnostic tool so that an Apple engineer could check your iOS device remotely ...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times

Apple Said to Be Adding Remote Diagnostic Facility to iOS

AppleInsider reports today that Apple has plans to include a Web-based remote diagnostic tool so that an Apple engineer could check your iOS device remotely should it develop a fault or simply need to be checked out for any reason. HardMac has found out from its sources that Apple has already told its employees that the tool is up and running, and could even be available in iOS 5 when its launched this fall.

In a follow-up story to that first story, AppleInsider says that it has learnt that Apple is already using similar technology in its Retail Stores, with users being told that they can visit iosdiags.apple.com via their iOS device and then launch the Web app, after which the results of the diagnostics test will be sent back to the MobileGenius software instore, for Apple’s Geniuses to take a look at.

According to Apple Insider the Web app runs in the Mobile Safari browser, and is able to detect what version of iOS your device is running, battery health, and whether or not there have been any app crashes or freezes, generally whether or not anything has gone wrong. At present, the tool only works with employee Apple IDs, but presumably once implemented fully in iOS, it will work when connected to your iTunes account.

Source: AppleInsider | Apple rumored to add remote diagnostic tool to iOS for repairs
    AppleInsider | Apple already using Web-based iOS diagnostics, could eliminate trips to store [u]

2. Ads

Member #

Smile

I think this would be a great feature to have for my Apple products. The future of technology is here.
    Dee

Member #
    I guess my question is what will this do if your jailbroken?
    Will they know, can it read the device logs?

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Remove Ads

Ads