where to buy my iPhone from?? apple store or best buy ?

This is a discussion on where to buy my iPhone from?? apple store or best buy ? within the Apple Purchasing forums, part of the Apple Forums category; I have been an apple convert since 2012( late bloomer)- i LOVE the apple line-Currently have iMac, iPad air1, and iPod5. I have held out ...

Member #

Talking where to buy my iPhone from?? apple store or best buy ?

I have been an apple convert since 2012( late bloomer)- i LOVE the apple line-Currently have iMac, iPad air1, and iPod5. I have held out with an iPhone because the battery is built in- i had terrible issues with built in battery in an android phone - lets just say I had 11 replacement phones in 18 months( thank heaven i had best buy replacement insurance at the time- this is no longer available .( HTC LTE-yuck!)- i went back to the samsung galaxy 4S. The new 6S is very apple like.
    I AM getting an iPhone when eligible . If I go through Bestbuy, the edge program will let me upgrade early rather than wait till February. They have an insurance that you pay monthly rather than upfront with applecare- I think i remember Apple telling me that I can still purchase applecare as an extra protection. Betsy insurance covers phone loss( yes there is a deductible ).
    So that is my dilemma . Applestore pay fees upfront, best buy and verizon edge program and only pay 40.00 upfront but pay extra 20.00 month to pay out phone for 2 years.
    Thank you for reading my post- any responses will be appreciated- please type slowly- I am still learning computer jargon

2. Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhygienist View Post
    I have been an apple convert since 2012( late bloomer)- i LOVE the apple line-Currently have iMac, iPad air1, and iPod5. I have held out with an iPhone because the battery is built in- i had terrible issues with built in battery in an android phone - lets just say I had 11 replacement phones in 18 months( thank heaven i had best buy replacement insurance at the time- this is no longer available .( HTC LTE-yuck!)- i went back to the samsung galaxy 4S. The new 6S is very apple like.
    I AM getting an iPhone when eligible . If I go through Bestbuy, the edge program will let me upgrade early rather than wait till February. They have an insurance that you pay monthly rather than upfront with applecare- I think i remember Apple telling me that I can still purchase applecare as an extra protection. Betsy insurance covers phone loss( yes there is a deductible ).
    So that is my dilemma . Applestore pay fees upfront, best buy and verizon edge program and only pay 40.00 upfront but pay extra 20.00 month to pay out phone for 2 years.
    Thank you for reading my post- any responses will be appreciated- please type slowly- I am still learning computer jargon
    Yes, i am responding to my own post- i had decided to buy at the apple store- but.. when i check my eligibility for a new contract, I would have to wait till Feb or purchase outright. Verizon sent me an email that I am eligible for upgrade and a 200.00 Verizon gift card. best buy says I can upgrade and get a gift card too. I am going to be near a BB next week. I am going to ask about the contradictions. i would rather go to apple store- something about the experience I just prefer, but, if I have to go to one of those places to get my iPhone, i will. Can i order my specifications? I guess it is the company preoperative to offer early upgrades and Apple does not give any extra incentives- I know Best Buy offers apple care now and i think i have 30 days after purchase to get apple care if i go to a verizon store for the phone.

Remove Ads

Ads