Is iMac G4 Still Worth It? 2014?

This is a discussion on Is iMac G4 Still Worth It? 2014? within the Apple Purchasing forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Hi, I'm 15, and I'd really like an iMac, but my parents prefer Windows PCs, so the latest that I'll be able to afford with ...

Member #

Question Is iMac G4 Still Worth It? 2014?

Hi, I'm 15, and I'd really like an iMac, but my parents prefer Windows PCs, so the latest that I'll be able to afford with money from Christmas, my birthday, and some games I plan to sell, would be an iMac G4, and the earliest I'd be able to afford one would be in the first three months of 2014.

I'm aware that newer versions of OS X are no longer available for it, but I don't really care, anc Ilove the design of the iMac G4. I'd only be using it for surfing the web, using iTunes, and typing documents.

Would the iMac G4 be worth it for me?
    17" iMac G5 running OS X 10.5.8

16GB, black iPad 2 running iOS 6.1.3

8GB, white iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.1.3

2. Ads

Member #
    I wouldnt go for it, its so outdated youll just end up kicking yourself. Just a get a newer one, you can still get an intel one cheap, and trust me, youll be a lot happier with it. G4's are way too old, even for just surfing etc.

Member #

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple View Post
    I wouldnt go for it, its so outdated youll just end up kicking yourself. Just a get a newer one, you can still get an intel one cheap, and trust me, youll be a lot happier with it. G4's are way too old, even for just surfing etc.
    Thanks for the advice. I've been searching, and I probably will be able to afford an intel model capable of running at least OS X Lion. iCloud functionality will be very helpful for schoolwork and organisation, especially considering that I already have an iPad 2 and iPhone 3GS.
    17" iMac G5 running OS X 10.5.8

16GB, black iPad 2 running iOS 6.1.3

8GB, white iPhone 3GS running iOS 6.1.3

Member #
    iCloud is indeed great, I really find that it saved me so much time and hassle trying to sync everything between my devices, definitely.

Remove Ads

Ads