What to buy Apple Macbook air or Apple Macbook pro??

This is a discussion on What to buy Apple Macbook air or Apple Macbook pro?? within the Apple Purchasing forums, part of the Apple Forums category; Hi, Firstly, I'm a bit of a computer tech novice... especially with apple! I just wondered what people suggest purchasing between the Macbook air 13 ...

Member #

What to buy Apple Macbook air or Apple Macbook pro??

Hi,

Firstly, I'm a bit of a computer tech novice... especially with apple!

I just wondered what people suggest purchasing between the Macbook air 13 inch or the 13 inch pro? I understand that the air has a flashdrive memory whereas the pro a RAM, therefore is the air technically quicker than the pro? I also like how light the air is. I am a student and would be using this laptop for studies but not much else other than surfing the web, watching some TV or possibly editing photo's on photoshop - just day to day tasks but it will be used quite often (for studying obviously ;))

I was always under the impression that the pro is better (mainly because it costs more) but is this the case? Especially in light of the fact that you can get flash memory with the air and only RAM with the reasonably priced pro? The only difference I can really see between the 2 specs dual core-processor being higher in the pro - what does this mean? Also, teh superdrive. This is quite a big issue for me, even though I don't think I will be using CD roms or watching DVDs but I would like to have the option. Is there external superdrives that can are compatible and are reasonably proced/ easy to carry and use?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Well ultimately it comes down to exactly what you want to do with your machine. If portability and speed is what you rate the most then go for the Air. If however, you think you will need more storage space, like that offered by the Pro's hard drive (both machines have RAM by the way), then jump that way. The different specs on the processors mean that the one in the Pro works faster, but to be honest you are unlikely to see much 'real world' difference between the two.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Remove Ads

Ads