HELP! I want to buy a Macbook

This is a discussion on HELP! I want to buy a Macbook within the Apple Purchasing forums, part of the Apple Forums category; I have been looking into Macbooks for quite some time now. The only that is keeping me from buying one is the price of it. ...

Member #

HELP! I want to buy a Macbook

I have been looking into Macbooks for quite some time now. The only that is keeping me from buying one is the price of it. I know they say you get what you pay for but I would like to try it out 1st. I was thinking of the older models from 4 years ago on to 2008. I have been seeing a lot of ads for the White one A1181 and some of the sellers have upgraded either the Ram or the HDD. I was wondering if it is ok to spend less at 1st for an older model and how will it withstand with the new OS? Whether I upgrade to Maverick or not it wouldn't matter because it is my 1st time around with the Mac so I wouldn't really know the difference from Snow Leopard-Maverick. I do like the 2008 aluminum body and also the Macbook Pro (the older models). Any suggestions?

2. Ads

Member #
    I'm also planning to buy a Macbook for my needs, but I don't understand why would you want the model which is 5 years old? Because as far as I know, you wouldn't really get a lot for performance from the older Macbook models, and the older Macbooks does not reflect the performance and experience of today's Macbooks.

Remove Ads

Ads