Reactivation of locked iTunes account

This is a discussion on Reactivation of locked iTunes account within the Apple Services forums, part of the Apple Forums category; For over 4 weeks I have been requesting Apple to help me to get my ITunes password reset and my account reactivated.. My password was ...

Member #

Reactivation of locked iTunes account

For over 4 weeks I have been requesting Apple to help me to get my ITunes password reset and my account reactivated.. My password was locked when my young niece incorrectly entered my iTunes password several times & my account was locked. I was unable to use the "I forgot" software to reset my password since my backup email address was no longer active & I *could not remember the answers to the special questions that I must have entered when I set up my iTunes account seven years ago. I tried so many times to answer the questions but each time failed to get them correct. *I have made repeated attempts to iTunes store using email to get my account re-activated and each reply is be patient *- we are working on your problem. *I have asked how soon I will be able get my account reactivated *( 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, never!!!) but all I get back is be patient. This is so frustrating. Why Apple cannot find some way of re-activating my account. Banks are able to solve this problem when encountered with similar situations. Apple *could at least forecast how long it is expected to take to solve or what is the current status of their efforts to solve. *I wonder *if other itunes users have experienced or are experiencing *the same situation as myself.*

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    Have you tried Apple - Support - iTunes

I did it myself w/o any help about, and wrote it down.. Give me some time, and I will try to re-locate how I did it..
    It was probably an accident on how I did it, but I did...

So, in a nutshell, if nobody out here knows, somebody should, I would think, I will try to find my " un-organized " notes for answer..
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Member #
    I have tried contacting iTunes but it is impossible to talk to a person. The only way to communicate is by email & the answer I keep getting is that we are working on ur problem - be patient. I cannot get any information as to how long it will take to get reactivated.

Member #
    I have been living the same Orwellian nightmare, but from a different incident. I sold an Apple TV. I thought I had erased all of my information, but the new owner rented a movie on my account. I believe it was inadvertent. I changed the password and notified Apple. It's been two weeks now and I have been unable to use my Apple ID. I too have tried everything to get Apple to reactivate the account, without success. Apple has become what it once belittled: a large, insensitive corporation. Remember the Superbowl ad of the woman throwing the hammer and freeing all of the drones? Now Apple has become Big Brother. With my account deactivated, I unable to upgrade software, buy new apps, rent movies, buy music. I can no longer control my Sonos system as Sonos upgraded their free app and I can't get it.

I have also been told that Apple cannot tell me when I can use my account. Just incredible!

Member #
    For over a month now, iTunes has been whacky and ignoring my multi-pass purchases. Same response from Apple Support. "Be patient.", "We want you to enjoy your iTunes experience." As somebody who manages a technical support group for a software company I can confirm, Apple email support is worthless.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    If you have no purchases on your account why not let it rot on Apple servers and just make a new one? Find yourself a new email address and start over...just saying...

I wonder if it's feasible to merge two accounts?
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Remove Ads

Ads