is it worth it?

This is a discussion on is it worth it? within the Apple TV forums, part of the Apple Hardware category; I have netflix on my phone, laptop, wii, xbox and now on my macbook air. I don't need Apple TV. By the way Roku streaming ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: is it worth it?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have netflix on my phone, laptop, wii, xbox and now on my macbook air. I don't need Apple TV.

By the way Roku streaming media players are quite cheap. I think the low end one is $59 or $69.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    "Guidelines of Conduct" for Appleforums.net
    Respect is number 1 in the Forums.

Please be aware that some software is not compatible with Lion just yet. So if your planning on upgrading check to see if the software that you are using is compatible with Lion.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Outside the US, there isn't many options like Netflix, so maybe the Apple TV is more useful outside the US.
    iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM - July 2010 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB Black
    MacBook 13" 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

d -_- b Dre Beats Studio (White)

Member #
    Just bought from Austrlaia store for $129 - I have a Bravia internet telly as well so the two work well together for movies -I just wanted to be able to view pics and vids from my PC and Apple seem to have that done easily - I am happy with it

What would a jail break give me on top though ?

Member #
    I really enjoy my Apple TV.
    I have to be honest, I do not use it all the time however. Perhaps two or three times a week.

The is AirPlay feature is awesome. I would suggest just for that.
    Having all the internet Music is cool. Periodically I will watch a movie from Apple. Never an issue. Would suggest you have a fast router however. I also have the original AppleTV and had to upgrade router for downloads. Watching YouTube can get addicting...Nice to see the videos on a big screen rather than a laptop or iPad. Can also share with friends and family on the big screen.

I have about 10,000 photos in iPhoto, so it is cool to view the photo library on a 42" HiDef Screen. I think a cool new feature will be the iPad2 mirroring with the new iOS.

If you have an iPhone4 or iPad, it is a great accessory!

What I am really curious about is the rumors of the new Television by Apple with AppleTV built in. I would have to consider that!

Member #
    I have two (Apple TV2s). One for the family room and the other in the bedroom. I think it's a great product especially AirPlay when used in conjunction with my iPad. Just know that not all apps will work with AirPlay. My favorite app to use is TED.

Member #
    We love ours... have it in the kitchen, and continuously stream pictures from our Mac desktop to run all day long... Every morning I select a different album and it's like going on that vacation all over again.... it beats the heck out of sticking pictures all over the refrigerator... being able to show grandkids netflix while they have breakfast is a plus as well... It's simple, and it works... I didn't even bother to connect a cable to the kitchen TV... the WIFI gives us all we need... or want..!!!

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iJasonTATE View Post
    That is just about all i do with my JB iPad as well along with getting some tweaks here and there.
    If there was a contest of how jailbroken your device is, I would probably win. :)
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

Member #
    What I've noticed everyone fail to mention, which to me is the best feature, is the fact that it uses HomeSharing. You set up HomeShare on iTunes on your computer and make sure you're connected on ATV. Now your entire iTunes library is available on your TV. Listen to your music on your surround sound, watch movies on your big screen or listen to a podcast without carrying anything around the house with you. Sure you can AirPlay from your iPad, but I have 500 GB of music and movies on my hard drive. Netflix and iTunes store are great additions but HomeShare is the single greatest reason for ATV.

Member #
    I bought the new Apple TV and have been extremely happy with it. Hooked up without a hitch, runs everything from my iTune library, all my iPhone and iPad data, as well as NetFlic, I'm a happy camper, as the price is negligible for what you get.
    Uncle Dannie
    Latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the world's population
    Mac Mini (mid-2011), iPhone 4, iPad2

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times
    If anybody is interested, this is a little write up I seen on the new Apple 55" tv.

Report: Apple to Release 55-inch TV - Gear News at IGN
    Mac Pro '08
    2013 27" iMAC. 10.11.4 32g
    Apple Server Beta
    iPad Pro
    Ipad1, 3 and iPad Air 7.1. Ipod2, 4s. iPhone 5 - IOS 8.2-- Apple Tv 4th Gen.
    ADC Member and Beta Tester

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads