is it worth it?

This is a discussion on is it worth it? within the Apple TV forums, part of the Apple Hardware category; I love my Apple TV (2). I got it last December when I got Netflix and I havent looked back. I use it more than ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: is it worth it?

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I love my Apple TV (2). I got it last December when I got Netflix and I havent looked back. I use it more than my cable box, and with it being able to be controled by my iPAd and directly access my iTunes, it is just too easy and nice when it comes to parties. I have it set so people can choose what to listen to via my ipad and the music mix stays fresh. As to watching movies and netflix, flawless. love it.

Now, the Roku boxes are giving it a run for its money, especially since the $100 version of the Roku does full 1080i and offers more than just HDMI outputs. Worth looking at.
    Signatures? We don't need no stinkin' signatures!

2. Ads

Member #

roku replacement

my original roku box finally died and i'm considering the ATV - mostly due to AirPlay. Are there any rumours out there about a pending hardware refresh?

Member #
    I use mine all the time. If it were not for college football and HD I could do without cable.

Member #
    I would say a huge YES! Having personal experience with this, I have recently bought one and then took it on vacation with us. We have a timeshare and stay in a condo on vacation, but watching tv in the evenings is always hard because being used to our guide on DirecTv, we are lost without it.

Having the Apple TV was great. We watched almost nothing but Netflix in the evenings, and a lot of YouTube as well. Even listened to the radio some when we were in the unit in the afternoon.

It is very small, and didn't take up much space in our carry on bag.

Now, I always take it when we go away.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by awallafashagba View Post
    Just bought from Austrlaia store for $129 - I have a Bravia internet telly as well so the two work well together for movies -I just wanted to be able to view pics and vids from my PC and Apple seem to have that done easily - I am happy with it

What would a jail break give me on top though ?

Have a look at this. http://firecore.com/atvflash

Some very useful new capabilities for both the first and second ATV

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.372104,-75.624613

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mannoman View Post
    I have two (Apple TV2s). One for the family room and the other in the bedroom. I think it's a great product especially AirPlay when used in conjunction with my iPad. Just know that not all apps will work with AirPlay. My favorite app to use is TED.
    And the cool thing is the ability to stream the same audio/video content to all ATVs simultaneously. Relatively low cost whole house audio AND video. Cheers

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.372115,-75.624644

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by ds1234 View Post
    What I've noticed everyone fail to mention, which to me is the best feature, is the fact that it uses HomeSharing. You set up HomeShare on iTunes on your computer and make sure you're connected on ATV. Now your entire iTunes library is available on your TV. Listen to your music on your surround sound, watch movies on your big screen or listen to a podcast without carrying anything around the house with you. Sure you can AirPlay from your iPad, but I have 500 GB of music and movies on my hard drive. Netflix and iTunes store are great additions but HomeShare is the single greatest reason for ATV.
    +1

Cheers
    Chris

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.372159,-75.624580

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Have had ATV2 for some time, and love it. Great for streaming music, tv shows and films from my Mac iTunes account. Don't really use YouTube and other "extra" content here in UK is still a bit limited, but I'm sure it will come....would be great to have BBC iPlayer content available!!
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just purchase one this weekend and I can't be any happier with this iDevice. I love it and look forward to learn more about it!

Banned
    Member #
    For $99, it's worth it I think.
    Well, you can put the iPad video to TV, and stream many videos&movies to it, and also can use it as your new home media centre...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads