is it worth it?

This is a discussion on is it worth it? within the Apple TV forums, part of the Apple Hardware category; is the apple tv worth purchasing? any feedback would be appreciated....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: is it worth it?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

is it worth it?

is the apple tv worth purchasing? any feedback would be appreciated.
    iMac G4 1.0GHz PPC G4, 1.5GB RAM, iPad 16GB 4.3.3 JB, iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.2 JB

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    It depends. Personally, I wouldn't mind one, being able to save and screen capture some of my favourite programs and movies, rent movies, use AirPlay amongst my many Apple devices and stream YouTube, it seems like a good investment. But there are cheaper and/or more practical methods of doing all of these things.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar6000 View Post
    But there are cheaper and/or more practical methods of doing all of these things.
    Cheaper than $99? I have not found one ~ not for what I want. I wanted to stream movies from Netflix to our TV. ATV is cheaper than Ps2, Wii and Xbox and the device that Netfix offers....I think.

That is all I know that I want to do. I am getting it soon and am still reading up on what else we will be able to do.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetPoison View Post
    Cheaper than $99? I have not found one ~ not for what I want. I wanted to stream movies from Netflix to our TV. ATV is cheaper than Ps2, Wii and Xbox and the device that Netfix offers....I think.

That is all I know that I want to do. I am getting it soon and am still reading up on what else we will be able to do.
    Hmm, I sense a jailbreak coming on!

I'm ordering my ATV this week.
    The Archangel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    So not fair, Gab. We have a friend who works at Apple and we are getting it for $65, I was pleased with that offer! I don't know if I will JB that....

I barely play with my JB on my iPad ~ but I love customizing the screens a lot.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    So not fair, Gab. We have a friend who works at Apple and we are getting it for $65, I was pleased with that offer! I don't know if I will JB that....

I barely play with my JB on my iPad ~ but I love customizing the screens a lot.
    $65.......that's about 45 in real money......now that is a good price! Can they pick me up a MacBook Air and ship it to the UK!!
    The Archangel

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    We can get that for $200 off, but still that like what...$900? My daughter wants that so bad, or maybe it is the MacBook Pro...

Hell ~ I no clue! Whatever one is best for college students. Sac State has them everywhere!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Guess we better get back on topic! Sorry Jason!

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    We can get that for $200 off, but still that like what...$900? My daughter wants that so bad, or maybe it is the MacBook Pro...

Hell ~ I no clue! Whatever one is best for college students. Sac State has them everywhere!
    OT - Blimey, that's like half price......I've just posted you my credit card!

On topic - I'll try to stick up a mini review when my ATV arrives!

I'll try to stay on topic now (but I do get carried away sometimes!).
    The Archangel

DrivetheGreen66
    I wouldn't mind to get the apple tv. But I just use my ps3 for netflix.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads