The Apple TV Is Cutting A Lot Of Cable Cords

This is a discussion on The Apple TV Is Cutting A Lot Of Cable Cords within the Apple TV forums, part of the Apple Hardware category; Originally Posted by iVan Apple TV needs a mouse. And Safari. Then it will be complete. Grab the Remote app from the App Store, it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The Apple TV Is Cutting A Lot Of Cable Cords

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iVan View Post
    Apple TV needs a mouse. And Safari. Then it will be complete.
    Grab the Remote app from the App Store, it will let you use the iPhone or iPad as a mouse and keyboard for the Apple TV.
    True nobility lies not in being superior to another person, but in being superior to our previous selves.

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ardchoille View Post
    Grab the Remote app from the App Store, it will let you use the iPhone or iPad as a mouse and keyboard for the Apple TV.
    Done that already a loooong time ago. But people who don't own either would benefit from the Apple TV being autonomous.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Done that already a loooong time ago. But people who don't own either would benefit from the Apple TV being autonomous.
    Well, a mouse would add hardware, which would increase the price, and really isn't necessary given that the cursor can be controlled by the Apple TV remote control.
    True nobility lies not in being superior to another person, but in being superior to our previous selves.

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Well, a mouse would add hardware, which would increase the price, and really isn't necessary given that the cursor can be controlled by the Apple TV remote control.
    If they could make the Leap Motion work with Apple TV then that would be awesome https://www.leapmotion.com/product?g...FRMRtAodRSsAJw

The Archangel
    ardchoille likes this.
    The Archangel

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    The way the remote works with text is a joke. The first thing I had to do when I got the Apple TV was to enter my user ID and email. It took me fifteen minutes. Then when I wanted to go to a site I liked there were more than 50 characters to punch in, letters, numbers and symbols. That took half an hour. After that I just gave up on it. In this day and age it's just not a fast enough input...

I know you mean to defend the ATV but I'm not bashing it, on the contrary. I'm just suggesting ways to make it more appealing because there's a lot of potential in it.
    Last edited by iVan; 08-16-2013 at 05:20 AM.
    ardchoille likes this.

Yuno Wataï Minh

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel1 View Post
    If they could make the Leap Motion work with Apple TV then that would be awesome https://www.leapmotion.com/product?g...FRMRtAodRSsAJw

The Archangel
    That's a cool input! It just might have the potential to knock over the tv sets that have visual recognition capabilities.

Yuno Wataï Minh

Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    The way the remote works with text is a joke. The first thing I had to do when I got the Apple TV was to enter my user ID and email. It took me fifteen minutes. Then when I wanted to go to a site I liked there were more than 50 characters to punch in, letters, numbers and symbols. That took half an hour. After that I just gave up on it. In this day and age it's just not a fast enough input...

I know you mean to defend the ATV but I'm not bashing it, on the contrary. I'm just suggesting ways to make it more appealing because there's a lot of potential in it.
    Yes, very good point. Perhaps Apple could create an alternate offering wherein a dedicated Apple wireless keyboard is bundled with the ATV for a modest price increase. Perhaps a smaller keyboard with a simple trackpad? Yes, lots of potential with the ATV.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Ads