Woz: I’m Going To Live And Die As An Australian

This is a discussion on Woz: I’m Going To Live And Die As An Australian within the Australia and NZ Dedicated Apple Forum forums, part of the Regional Apple Forums category; Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you all know about a world first event coming up in May in Australia and New Zealand. Steve Wozniak ...

Member #

Hey everyone!
    Just wanted to let you all know about a world first event coming up in May in Australia and New Zealand. Steve Wozniak is coming to speak about his experiences at Apple and throughout his business life. It’s going to be a half-day seminar with interactive question and answer time with the man himself as well as opportunities to network with some of the leading businesses in Australia and New Zealand. This kind of event has never happened before in the world and will most probably not happen again, so it is an opportunity not to be missed. If you want to check it out further, have a look at www.stevewozniaklive.com or check us out on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Woz-Li...334933?sk=wall and see what you think! Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by LibertyStage; 02-22-2012 at 03:02 PM.

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    317 times

Woz wants Australia’s awesome broadband.

Steve Wozniak was lucky enough to get his hands on the iPhone 5 long before the vast majority of us; not because he co-founded Apple, but because he was in Australia where Apple retail stores open a good 14 hours earlier than those on the East Coast of the United States.

Woz has been in Australia a lot recent, and he’s just revealed that he is planning to wave goodbye to his California home and move there. He has already applied for an Australian citizenship, and proclaimed he’s going to “live and die as an Australian.”

One of the reasons Woz wants to relocate down under is because of the Australian broadband (seriously!), which is better than the broadband he gets in California. He told the Australian Financial Review that Australia’s National Broadband Network rollout was one of the reasons he wanted to become a citizen.

The other reason is that Woz just wants to be an Australian, and has done for the past 30 years.

“I probably should say that is true, because it makes me sound weird … and I like to sound unusual and different because I’ve thought that way a lot in my life,” he told the The West Australian.

“I intend to call myself an Australian and feel an Australian, and study the history and become as much of a real citizen here as I can.

“For 30 years I’ve had a desire to live in Australia. There are so many great things about this country that have nothing to do with NBN.

“I’m going to live and die as an Australian. That sort of isn’t well known yet,” Woz added.

I must admit, Australia isn’t a bad choice if you’re going to emigrate. I mean, the weather’s incredible, as are the beaches, and you do get the latest iPhones before anyone else. But has Woz not seen the size of some of the spiders there?

9-26-12

Source

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Clever Boy.... Lol
    iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    317 times

Woz is moving to Australia to become a professor

Steve Wozniak changed the world when he co-founded Apple with Steve Jobs to create the first personal computer. Now after decades revolutionizing the tech world, he’s ready to impart his wisdom to the top tech minds in Australia.

University of Technology Sydney announced that they’ve hired Woz on as an adjunct professor for the school, where he’ll start teaching in December.

Woz has spoken openly of his love for Australia over the years, and even revealed in 2012 that he’s in the process toward becoming a full-fledged citizen.

As an adjunct professor at UTS, Woz will be part of the university’s ‘Magic Lab’ that focuses on innovation and enterprise research by conducting research in the fields of robotics and artificial intelligence. Lab director Mary-Anne Williams had the following to say regarding the high-profile hiring.

“Woz loves the energy, the vibe and the robots in the Magic Lab. Woz is a strong advocate for technology and its impact on society. He constantly highlights the new possibilities for technology to change the world and he will be working with us to help UTS reach its vision to be a leading university of technology. The students have been totally wowed by the attention he has given them, one claiming he had changed her life in less than 60 seconds.”

The appointment as professor is the first of its kind that Woz has accepted at any university. According to the school, Wozniak will spend three periods a year teaching at the lab, and then interact and stay in touch with research groups remotely.

10-23-14

Source

Member #
    Liked
    41 times
    Yep it's gods own country...lol. Love it....Aussie Aussie Aussie ..oi oi oi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    iPhone 5 
    iPad Air 2 ❤
    iMac 21.5

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    317 times

Steve Wozniak inches closer to becoming an official Aussie

Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak made his first big step toward becoming an official citizen of Australia this week when he was granted ‘permanent resident’ status for being a distinguished person.

Woz is currently teaching as an adjunct professor at the University of Technology in Sydney and says he plans to become full fledged citizen and buy a house in Sydney.

“I want to be a distinguished part of this country and some day I may say I lived and died an Australian, and that would be a really nice thing to be able to say. No country is perfect, but I like a lot of things about this place.” Australian Financial Review quoted Wozniak.

The process required Woz to file documents, undergo medical testing, and an FBI check, but he said he went through with it so his entire family could live in Australia. He has a son that is a resident of Sydney too after marrying an Australian woman.

Woz still spends the majority of his time in the United States were he gets scheduled for speaking engagements. He says he plans to move to Australia permanently once life slows down, and has his eye on Tasmania in particular because of its cool weather.

12-22-14

Source

Remove Ads

Ads