imac mc813ll/a starts ok then slows until stalled but live booting OS works fine

This is a discussion on imac mc813ll/a starts ok then slows until stalled but live booting OS works fine within the iMac forums, part of the Mac Forum category; Hello, I have an imac mc813ll/a which i am trying to fix. i started it, it worked ok for a few minutes then slowed until ...

Member #

imac mc813ll/a starts ok then slows until stalled but live booting OS works fine

Hello,

I have an imac mc813ll/a which i am trying to fix. i started it, it worked ok for a few minutes then slowed until stalled/frozen.

i removed the hard drive and converted to external. i was able to copy and paste files from the hard drive which makes me think that the hard drive is not the issue.

i ran linux mint OS from live usb on the imac. there were no issues. whatever hardware is used to run live from usb is fine. i am not sure what hardware is needed for booting from hard drive that is not needed for booting to usb live. whatever that hardware is, is likely in need of testing for issues.

i was able to install inux mint OS on a newly installed hard drive. however, when trying to boot from the hard drive it will not work. this is probably due to hardware issues which i do not yet know how to test.

any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads