IMAC stops

This is a discussion on IMAC stops within the iMac forums, part of the Mac Forum category; My Imac sometimes stops and just sits there. Even the Mouse disappears then after about 30 seconds it returns to normal. 250 Hard drive has ...

Thread: IMAC stops

Member #

Cool IMAC stops

My Imac sometimes stops and just sits there. Even the Mouse disappears then after about 30 seconds it returns to normal.
    250 Hard drive has about 205 remaining. I sometimes I get the spinning wheel for a long time. The Imac is a 2007 model and I cannot upgrade to Mountain lion. I have 3 G of ram. I may have to take it to the store but I would like to get a new IMAC. Anyone want to buy this one?

Thanks

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Quote Originally Posted by NCbrew View Post
    My Imac sometimes stops and just sits there. Even the Mouse disappears then after about 30 seconds it returns to normal.
    250 Hard drive has about 205 remaining. I sometimes I get the spinning wheel for a long time. The Imac is a 2007 model and I cannot upgrade to Mountain lion. I have 3 G of ram. I may have to take it to the store but I would like to get a new IMAC. Anyone want to buy this one?

Thanks
    You are not exactly doing a good job selling it to us!!

However, it's difficult to diagnose these sort of problems, but it sounds like you do indeed have some sort of hardware problem. My first guess would be a hard drive problem. It's not a space issue obviously, but spinning wheel suggests the operating system is finding it difficult to find what it's looking for. In the first instance, I would suggest using the Disk Utility to see if there are an problems reported on your hard disk:

Using Disk Utility to verify or repair disks

Remove Ads

Ads