Syncing new iPad from old iPad backup

This is a discussion on Syncing new iPad from old iPad backup within the iOS Apps forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I recently got a new iPad mini to replace my older, original iPad mini. When I got it, I restored my old iPad's backup to ...

Member #

Syncing new iPad from old iPad backup

I recently got a new iPad mini to replace my older, original iPad mini.

When I got it, I restored my old iPad's backup to it -- so all my apps would transfer. Well, as many of us know, you can't transfer apps from one iOS device to another -- it simply goes up and downloads it from the app store instead.

So mine did this and promptly told me that there were 23 apps that could not be restored... and proceeded to remind me everytime I would sync my iPad... I was able to go up and download several of them manually, to make the message go away -- except there were about 14 that keep popping up and saying that the sync failed, could not restore 14 apps etc... no matter what I did. I can not find these apps in the App Store, so I assume that is why it could not sync them -- but how do I make this message go away?

It is an iPad Mini 3 with iOS 9.3.5.

Thanks in advance for the help!

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Might it be possible to install these old apps from iTunes? Check out this Apple support page:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19460?locale=en_GB
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by JezzerP View Post
    Might it be possible to install these old apps from iTunes? Check out this Apple support page:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19460?locale=en_GB
    Thank you for the suggestion - but I've already tried that. When I click the Install it queues it, and then fails when I sync with the same error.

Anyone else have any ideas? It is really annoying, and it even says apps like eBay weren't synced even though they are on the iPad! This is wacky and silly.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you could sync apps from iTunes to your iPad.

I spend more time deleting the garbage that ends up on my phone courtesy of my brat and his iDevices so I could be forgetting something here.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Could be the purchases weren't transferred to iTunes? Perhaps syncing the old iPad might help?

Member #
    I would love to recommend you iPad Data Extractor.The program is used for extracting all ipad data from iTunes backup. If you have backed up your files before, with it, you can restore and save iPad backup files according to your need on your PC or Mac and sync them to your iPad via iTunes with no limitation.

Remove Ads

Ads