Shrinking Photos

This is a discussion on Shrinking Photos within the iOS Apps forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I am looking for recommendations for shrinking the storage size of photos (not necessarily the dimensions). I am the Admin on a forum that has ...

Member #

Question Shrinking Photos

I am looking for recommendations for shrinking the storage size of photos (not necessarily the dimensions). I am the Admin on a forum that has a max size of 520 Kb per photo shared on the forum. Prior to the change in policy by Photobucket, most of our members simply hosted their pictures there and linked them to our forum. However, no one is willing to pay the fees Photobucket is now charging for this service, so many members are now seeking to post their photos directly to the forum and must meet the size restrictions. Some of our members are very tech savvy, most not so much. I am aware that in IOS one could simply create an email, attach a photo and choose a size for the attachment that meets the forum requirements, copy that attachment and there you go! But, for a large number of our folks, that's too much.

I currently use the app, Reduce. It does the job of shrinking (and resizing) very easily and efficiently, even putting all reduced pictures into their own album. The process is simple. Open the app, point to a photo in any of your albums, set a slider for size in Kb, set a slider for dimensions (optional), press Start. A caveman, or any of my forum members, could do it. However, this is not yet a 64-bit app and I have been unable to get a response from the developer. The app was last updated in 2013 and I have no reason to think it will be updated soon.

Can anyone recommend a simple app that will facilitate shrinking a photo from an original size of several MB down to 500 Kb? I would prefer simple over a multi-function app. Thanks for your thoughts!
    Last edited by NoBite; 08-12-2017 at 08:53 AM.
    Live each day like it's your last; 'cause one day you're gonna be right.
    - Ray Charles

iMac OS X 10.12.6 - iPhone 6 IOS 10.33 - iPad Air2 IOS 10.33

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads