iOS GAMING POSTS HERE.

This is a discussion on iOS GAMING POSTS HERE. within the iOS Apps forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Around four years ago, developers Almost Human released The Legend of Grimrock, a throwback to the first-person dungeon crawlers from the 1980s (Dungeon Master, The ...

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

Acclaimed RPG Legend of Grimrock comes to iPhone

Around four years ago, developers Almost Human released The Legend of Grimrock, a throwback to the first-person dungeon crawlers from the 1980s (Dungeon Master, The Bard’s Tale and even the first Phantasy Star game for the Sega Master System) for Mac.

They claimed it was was coming to iPad “by the end of the year.” It actually took three. I assumed, after all that time, it would never come to iPhone, though… but as it turns out, I was wrong.

Although I have yet to actually play the new universal version of the acclaimed RPG myself, Touch Arcade is quite enthusiastic about it:

Originally, Almost Human wasn’t going to bring Legend of Grimrock to the iPhone at all, and it’s easy to see why. Even the iPad version has tons of buttons and UI elements to contend with, so shrinking that all down in a way that makes sense for iPhone-size screens would be a tough task. They seemed to have nailed it though, as Legend of Grimrock plays just fine on my iPhone 6. So if you’ve been hankering for some dungeon crawling but weren’t equipped with an iPad, check out the new Universal version of Legend of Grimrock.

I’m a huge fan of this game in all its incarnations, and as someone whose more likely to play a quick game on my iPhone than my iPad, I welcome this port. Fingers crossed this means Legend of Grimrock 2 will hit iOS soon as well, though.

7-31-15

Source

2. Ads

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

Hold on tight! RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 lands on iOS

No-one wanted to love last year’s RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile more than I did. And no-one was therefore more crushed when the “game” turned out to be the soulless, cash-demanding corpse of a once-great franchise-turned-freemium nightmare.

If you join me in that opinion, you can rest easy since RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 just hit the App Store – bringing iOS gamers the straight-up port of the PC classic they deserve, complete with touch controls and not an in-app purchase in sight.

To put this in theme park terms, the difference between RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 and RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile is roughly the difference between reliving the best bits of your childhood, and queuing for hours to get on an overpriced ride – only to have the sugared-up kid next to you vomit in your lap.

Features of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 include the ability to:

Create your ultimate theme park in stunning 3D!
    Let your imagination run free in Sandbox mode.
    Play through all 18 scenarios from the original PC game.
    Watch your guests react to your park as you try to make them happy.
    Happy guests earn you more in-game money to build out your parks even more.
    Design your parks using 5 fun themes: Generic, Spooky, Western, Adventure and Sci-fi.
    See every spine tingling detail with fully controllable cameras.
    Grab a front seat for the ride of your life with the jaw-dropping Coaster Cam.
    Cope with challenging objectives, changing weather patterns and enjoy beautiful vistas, sunsets, moonlight, and more.​​
    Another difference between the two titles is, of course, the price. While RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile was freemium, today’s new title will set you back $4.99.

If you even remotely care about sending the message that fans want quality titles rather than cheap cash-ins, though, it’s worth it for that alone.

8-12-15

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

Final Fantasy VII, the world’s best-loved RPG, is finally on iOS

Close to two decades after it first burst onto our PlayStations and PCs, Square Enix’s RPG masterpiece Final Fantasy VII has finally landed on iOS in its original form.

Celebrate the great news by checking out the trailer below:

Costing $15.99 and requiring that you make available 4GB of space on your iPhone or iPad, Final Fantasy VII follows the adventures of Cloud Strife, the mercenary with the implausibly large sword who joins rebel group AVALANCHE to battle against evil mega-corporation Shinra.

Square Enix announced a PlayStation 4 remake of the game at this year’s E3, although you won’t find that version here. Instead, this is the game as it appeared way back when – albeit on an unimaginably (for 1998) small screen, rocking sweet touch controls.

I’ve loved the iOS ports of old Final Fantasy games we’ve been receiving for a few years now. As we’ve gradually moved down the list of titles, it was inevitable that we’d reach part 7 eventually, particularly since the title landed on iPhones in Japan last year. The lack of surprise certainly doesn’t make this release any less sweet, though.

8-20-15

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

iOS Game: ‘Lara Croft GO’ is the perfect mobile puzzle game App Store — $4.99]

Lara Craft GO is another story. Taking the same basic formula and applying it to the Tomb Raider franchise, the Canadian studio has perfect what it set out to do with Hitman GO. The art is more expressive, the puzzles are more satisfying and I ended up feeling more like I’d beaten a Tomb Raider game than a mobile spinoff by the time I was finished.

As with Agent 47 in Hitman GO, you control Lara by swiping up, down, left or right in order to move to an open space. The world stands still when you’re not moving, but as soon as you swipe, everything else in the environment reacts.

Your job is to get Lara safely from the start of the level to the end while solving increasingly difficult puzzles along the way. In the early goings, the traps are relatively easy to navigate around. If you see a crack in a tile, make sure not to walk over it twice or you’ll plummet to your doom.

The game does a great job of teaching players by showing instead of telling as well, and the penalty for death is simply starting over that section of the level. It’s never punishing enough to make you stomp away in frustration, but there will be instances where you’ll want to take a break and come back with fresh eyes.

What especially impressive about Lara Croft GO is how the developers utilize a fairly small set of tools, traps and baddies in new and surprising ways from level to level. Those cracks in the floor aren’t just to keep you from falling through, they could also save you from an enemy hot on your tail.

I don’t want to spoil any of the puzzles, so I won’t go in to any more detail than I already have, but if you have a few bucks to spare, you won’t regret spending a few hours with Square Enix Montreal’s new game this weekend.

8-29-15

Source

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    316 times

There’s finally an iPhone 6s game that does something unique with 3D Touch

3D Touch is the signature feature of the iPhone 6s series, a brand new touch pressure sensitivity system that can tell how hard a user presses on the screen. The new gestures show plenty of promise, as third-party apps developers will likely think of innovative ways to include it in apps in the future. For the time being, 3D Touch is mostly used for shortcuts like Quick Actions, Peeks and Pops in official apps, even though developers have already managed to highlight other 3D Touch uses in various app concepts.

However, there’s finally an app that does something truly unique with 3D Touch, and it’s already available in the App Store.

Dubbed Warhammer 40,000: Freeblade, the app is actually a game available to users as a free download. On the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, gamers will be able to use 3D Touch gestures inside the game to switch between weapons by simply applying more pressure to the screen when they tap.

Notably, this kind of 3D Touch functionality enhances the 6s experience without ruining it for players who own older iOS hardware, where 3D Touch functionality isn’t available. This particular implementation also shows that developers are looking to integrate 3D Touch in interesting ways in apps and games. And gamers who play Freeblade on iPhone 6s first will likely find it annoying to fiddle with menu items to change weapons on older hardware, given the fast-paced action in this shooter that requires users to switch between various guns in a matter of seconds.

A video trailer showing you what the new Warhammer mobile game is all about follows below.

11-23-15

Source

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Remove Ads

Ads