IOS 5.1.1 HELP ME RESTORE WITHOUT UPDATING (is felixburns.de a safe firmware source?)

This is a discussion on IOS 5.1.1 HELP ME RESTORE WITHOUT UPDATING (is felixburns.de a safe firmware source?) within the iOS Apps forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Hi guys, my device (ipad2) has been running a little sluggish recently so I would like to reset it and start from scratch. I know ...

Member #

Smile IOS 5.1.1 HELP ME RESTORE WITHOUT UPDATING (is felixburns.de a safe firmware source?)

Hi guys, my device (ipad2) has been running a little sluggish recently so I would like to reset it and start from scratch. I know how to do this under normal circumstances but i've run into a couple problems. For example, for reasons I cannot fathom about six months ago I set a restriction on the factory reset option and I have long since forgotten the pass code. So that option is unavailable. The only straight forward alternative I know of is a reset through iTunes. This is great however this automatically updates your device, and I'm not too keen on the -2GB that comes with IOS6. So this is not an option for me either. Basically what I see as my only option is an alternative firmware source ie felixburns.de. My question is whether or not this is a safe, reliable firmware source for what I'm trying to do. Any and all ideas opinions and positions will be appreciated and considered!

2. Ads

Remove Ads

Ads