Can't change my Apple ID for iCloud on my iPad

This is a discussion on Can't change my Apple ID for iCloud on my iPad within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Recently I changed my Apple ID and Password via my MacBook. After I did this I thought that all of my registered devices (my iPad) ...

Member #

Can't change my Apple ID for iCloud on my iPad

Recently I changed my Apple ID and Password via my MacBook.

After I did this I thought that all of my registered devices (my iPad) would automatically adopt the "new" Apple ID newly created on my MacBook.
    When I later used the iPad it still used the "old" ID (the one I had replaced on my MacBook) for AppStore and iCloud.
    The iPad kept asking me for the "password" of my old Apple ID to access iCloud

I eventually worked out how to delete the "old" Apple ID from iCloud but now I can't seem to find a way of logging back on to iCloud with my new details. The only option I'm given is to "Create a new Apple ID", I can't just log on under my new details.........

I don't want to create yet another ID as I want to keep one ID for all Apple functions.

Can anyone help me sign back onto iCloud with my NEW details. (The iTunes and App Store options in settings has not been a problem changing from old to new.........only iCloud is giving me problems.

2. Ads

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by twodogron View Post
    Recently I changed my Apple ID and Password via my MacBook.

After I did this I thought that all of my registered devices (my iPad) would automatically adopt the "new" Apple ID newly created on my MacBook.
    When I later used the iPad it still used the "old" ID (the one I had replaced on my MacBook) for AppStore and iCloud.
    The iPad kept asking me for the "password" of my old Apple ID to access iCloud

I eventually worked out how to delete the "old" Apple ID from iCloud but now I can't seem to find a way of logging back on to iCloud with my new details. The only option I'm given is to "Create a new Apple ID", I can't just log on under my new details.........

I don't want to create yet another ID as I want to keep one ID for all Apple functions.

Can anyone help me sign back onto iCloud with my NEW details. (The iTunes and App Store options in settings has not been a problem changing from old to new.........only iCloud is giving me problems.
    Consider this Post closed.............
    I had to "Reset" my iPad...........

Remove Ads

Ads