ITunes updates

This is a discussion on ITunes updates within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; What is it with these updates on iTunes. Since updating I have been unable to sync my iPad Air to iTunes it never completes or ...

Thread: ITunes updates

Member #

ITunes updates

What is it with these updates on iTunes. Since updating I have been unable to sync my iPad Air to iTunes it never completes or tells me that I am not authorised for certain tracks so that many of the tracks I could transfer from my computer previously now do not. I have de-authorised, re-authorised. Uninstalled iTunes reinstalled. Reloaded iPad etc all to no avail.
    Some time ago they even removed the play counts for each track but thankfully they restored that later. Now I find I cannot reset the number of plays to zero. These were things I made use of as a language student. It seems whereas most companies release software that enhances the functionality, Apple seems more intent on reducing functionality and each new release makes me wonder what they will remove next.
    I have had iPads and now I have an iPad Air mainly because of the music content and it assists me with language learning. However recently it is proving so unreliable and I dread them releasing any new software wondering what will go wrong next.
    It cant be just me as I read numerous reports of people being unable to sync their iPad and getting similar problems to mine. I know its not my Windows 10 computers as I have tried now from different computers.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    Seeing you have tried several Win 10 machines, this would suggest there is a software issue with iTunes on Win 10. Do you have access to a Win 7/8 PC or a Mac you could try a sync with? You have done all the other things I would suggest to troubleshoot a problem such as this.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Sierra (10.12.4)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Sierra (10.12.4)
    'Marvin' - Hackintosh - Mavericks Server (10.9.5)
    'Holly' - Hackintosh - Mavericks Server (10.9.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 10.3.2
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 10.3.2

Remove Ads

Ads