iPad Tips and Tricks!

This is a discussion on iPad Tips and Tricks! within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Post your favorite iPad tips and tricks!...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: iPad Tips and Tricks!

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Talking iPad Tips and Tricks!

Post your favorite iPad tips and tricks!
    iMac G4 1.0GHz PPC G4, 1.5GB RAM, iPad 16GB 4.3.3 JB, iPhone 3G 8GB 3.1.2 JB

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Naah. I will try to post them here as I remember them and confront them.
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I created a PDF file of the keyboard shortcuts that I'm willing to give you if anyone is interested but don't know about the "process" involved on here due to the TOS limits.
    I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    I created a PDF file of the keyboard shortcuts that I'm willing to give you if anyone is interested but don't know about the "process" involved on here due to the TOS limits.
    Since I already have most of them etched into my brain that will not be of use to me. But I am sure it will be useful to someone else! It's very cool that you made that.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    ======================
    If it's not too much of a hassle i'd love to have a copy of those shortcuts. Thanks in advance.
    "There's strength in numbers... Numbers can be deceiving."~ iPhone 4, iPad 2

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Do a full power down and power on at least one a week or so to keep iPad running at peak performance. It clears the ram too.
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I thought I'd replied to this, but nothing happened ... I'm a new boy who was conned into buying an iPad so that mywife could read a few books while in hospital. But there was a snag ... we live in France, and nobody told me I couldn't download ebooks from England as a result. Antiquated copyright laws apparently, everyone guarding their little bit and losing millions by annoying would-be customers. Stupid. However, I have found how to transfer books from DVDs on my laptop, to the iPad. This is probably illegal or something, so I can't tell anybody! Anything sensible seems to be illegal or impossible on Apple stuff, with which I am underwhelmed ...

Rod
    graywolf and mhouston like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Here's a trick I learned. I use a lot of folders on the home screen, and I find when I'm trying to insert an app into a folder, that folder will sometimes bounce away, so I get quite frustrated as the folder bounces back and forth not allowing me to insert the app. My trick is, slowly bring the app up from the BOTTOM of the folder, and the folder won't bounce away. (For those that haven't used folders, it's a simple and helpful organization tool, so give it a try. Just move one app on top of another and it will create a folder, using the category name associated with one of those apps. To change the folder name, hold down on the folder till it jiggles, and you can delete and type in a new folder name). Glad to be part of the forum!:D
    Jamer likes this.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    76 times
    Quote Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
    Hmm... Got so many I can even think of one...

Ahh, here is a good one. Don't drop it.
    . Like it.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rodwaite View Post
    I thought I'd replied to this, but nothing happened ... I'm a new boy who was conned into buying an iPad so that mywife could read a few books while in hospital. But there was a snag ... we live in France, and nobody told me I couldn't download ebooks from England as a result. Antiquated copyright laws apparently, everyone guarding their little bit and losing millions by annoying would-be customers. Stupid. However, I have found how to transfer books from DVDs on my laptop, to the iPad. This is probably illegal or something, so I can't tell anybody! Anything sensible seems to be illegal or impossible on Apple stuff, with which I am underwhelmed ...

Rod
    I understand that!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads