how to delete all my incoming emails in iPad after I've read them?

This is a discussion on how to delete all my incoming emails in iPad after I've read them? within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I appear to have about 100 emails showing and to delete them one by one takes a lot of time. Is there an easy way ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Omar6000

Thread: how to delete all my incoming emails in iPad after I've read them?

Member #

how to delete all my incoming emails in iPad after I've read them?

I appear to have about 100 emails showing and to delete them one by one takes a lot of time. Is there an easy way to delete them also when they are in the "deleted" box, is there a way to delete them all from there?

Thank you

Leo

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    I don't think there's anything such as a 'Select All' option or anything of the sort. I just click 'Edit' and tap on each one
    Leendert likes this.
    iMac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM - July 2010 Model
    iPhone 4 16GB Black
    MacBook 13" 2.4GHz, 2GB RAM

d -_- b Dre Beats Studio (White)

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Jailbreak and there is a tweak just for that! :)
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

Member #
    Thank you for that.
    Regards

Leo

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Leendert View Post
    ... Is there an easy way to delete them also when they are in the "deleted" box, is there a way to delete them all from there? ...
    I haven't found a way on the iPad but, since I'm using my gmail account on my iPad, I simply login to gmail on my PC or Mac and do a bulk delete there. Comes in especially handy when removing Spam.
    I know you think you understood what you think I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    I always forget about the online email.
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Spock View Post
    I haven't found a way on the iPad but, since I'm using my gmail account on my iPad, I simply login to gmail on my PC or Mac and do a bulk delete there. Comes in especially handy when removing Spam.
    .  Snap 
    Richard M Brown In the UK sends warm greetings to you.

Member #
    Leo, I found this on macrumors.com:
    how to delete or move ALL emails at once in non-jail broken ipad or iphone - MacRumors Forums
    Although this was posted 2 years ago, others posted that it worked with iOS7, but some wrote it did not. I want to try it, but it says it will also delete all your messages from the server, not just the device, so I'm afraid to....
    Here is the text:
    Originally Posted by shahbasharat View Post
    it took me weeks of research to figure out finally how to decode this yet another secretive secrets of apple. there is a perfect way of deleting ALL emails at once without jailbreaking your iphone or ipad...and here it is:

Open Inbox>>EDIT >> check/select the top message, it will highlight the move button >>press and hold the move button and uncheck the message that you had checked earlier >> lift all your fingers off from the ipad screen and leave it alone. wait until all your messages pile up on the right hand portion of the screen (in ipad). iphone will give you the actual number of emails it has selected for the action. now they are just waiting for your command to be moved ALL at once. >> choose trash to delete all of them or any other folder where u want to move them, like one piece. remember this will replicate your action on the server so u will ACTUALLY move them or delete them on the server and not just the ipad.

once you have moved all messages to trash you can either leave them there for the scheduled cleaning or empty it right away by doing this: go to trash folder and click edit. the delete all button shows up at the bottom of the screen. hit it! you r done!

if you do not see effects of your actions on the server make sure you have enabled Your email accounts for such actions.

tips:

1. please give enough time (could take upto several minutes depending the number of emails to be moved) for the emails to be selected for the move. your screen will become unresponsive while all emails are being packaged. once emails are ready, in ipad, you will see them zoomed out on the right hand side of the screen, and in iphone you will see the message showing you the actual number of messages that have been selected.

2. avoid purging very large number of emails, the mail app might freeze or crash. if your inbox has thousands of emails change your sync settings in mail settings to fill lesser number of emails in you inbox

Remove Ads

Ads