Want to transfer pics to my Win 7 Photo Stream folder from my ipad

This is a discussion on Want to transfer pics to my Win 7 Photo Stream folder from my ipad within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I have taken pictures on my iPad that are in "my photo stream" on my iPad. I would like them to be wireless transferred to ...

Member #

I have taken pictures on my iPad that are in "my photo stream" on my iPad. I would like them to be wireless transferred to my photo stream folder automatically on my Windows 7 PC.

I can attach my iPad to my computer,copy all the pictures and paste them but I thought I was able to have them automatically transferred to my photo stream folder on my computer.

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times

I use an app called PhotoSync to wirelessly transfer my photos from my iPhone to iPhoto on my Mac. There is a free companion application for Mac and Windows, and the iPhone/iPad app is only $1.99

You can select any folder on your pc to transfer the photos to, it doesn't have to be iPhoto.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/phot...415850124?mt=8

http://photosync-app.com/photosync/en/home.html
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Member #
    I was under the impression that I could sync photos taken on my iPad wirelessly to my computer automatically without using a second program. Is that incorrect?

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thewolfe View Post
    I was under the impression that I could sync photos taken on my iPad wirelessly to my computer automatically without using a second program. Is that incorrect?
    You are correct and that is how it goes with my Apple chain of devices but I'm not sure if it works with a PC. Theoretically if your PC is a mail in the chain of 6 authorized devices allowed by iTunes, that you have iPhoto installed and that all settings are ticked, it should work. Is there a PC version of iPhoto?
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    Ah OK, sorry....misunderstood the question. Yes, is the answer to your question...in theory!! Instructions for setting up iCloud on your PC can be found on the Apple site here:

Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Member #
    JezzeerP, the thread you gave me was to tweak iTunes to add purchases to all devices. All I want to do is take a pic on my iPad and have it show up on my "wired to my router" PC in My Photo Stream folder. I had it working at on time but soooooooo frustrating cause it won't work now.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    JezzeerP, the thread you gave me was to tweak iTunes to add purchases to all devices. All I want to do is take a pic on my iPad and have it show up on my "wired to my router" PC in My Photo Stream folder. I had it working at on time but soooooooo frustrating cause it won't work now.
    Photos won't allow you at will to save any photo in the PhotoStream folder unless it's been saved from another app or from the web. For example, open a photo from the folders in Photos inside an app like PhotoPad and do a benign modification to it such as a slight resize of a few pixels. When you save the result it is stored in the CameraRoll and a few moments later in PhotoStream. Be aware that any picture stored in PhotoStream only remains there for a short period of 30 days. You have to save one of those pictures from PhotoStream to other devices' CameraRoll during that short period. Then it's not available anymore and will have to be reprocessed to be available again. Any app that can open pictures and save them will work. I have not tried with other apps from Apple because I suspect that they've closed down that avenue in their products.

Yuno Wataï Minh

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    There's another easy way of getting a bunch of photos to the PhotoStream. If you have the Apple SD card and you get pictures on the iPad they will show up on the stream for about thirty days. If its what you've done at first you'll have to do it again.
    Last edited by iVan; 11-10-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Yuno Wataï Minh

Member #
    If none of this works... I would recommend resetting your photo stream. Open IE on your PC, go to icloud.com, sign in. Click on your account name at the top right, click Advanced, then click "Reset Photo Stream". When that is complete, try taking another photo on your iPad. It should show up in the PhotoStream of your iPad immediately, and then (assuming iPad is on wifi) it should show up in your PC's PhotoStream folder within a few minutes. Resetting worked. Thanks for the posts.

Remove Ads

Ads