Can I duplicate the library on my iphone and iPad without syncing the entire iTunes

This is a discussion on Can I duplicate the library on my iphone and iPad without syncing the entire iTunes within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Hi, Instead of manually selecting the library on my iphone and then again on my iPad, is there a way these two libraries can by ...

Member #

Can I duplicate the library on my iphone and iPad without syncing the entire iTunes

Hi,
    Instead of manually selecting the library on my iphone and then again on my iPad, is there a way these two libraries can by in sync without selecting to sync the entire itunes music library. Or do I have to select the music individually on both devices.
    Thanks

2. Ads

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    134 times
    There are two ways I can see of doing this:

1) Do as you say and individually select the music you want on your iPhone and iPad and NOT let either device sync completely with iTunes.
    2) Create two separate iTunes libraries, one for your iPhone and one for your iPad and select the appropriate one when you start up iTunes and BEFORE you connect your iPhone or iPad. You do this by holding down the option key (Mac) or Shift key (PC) as you start iTunes. You can then let your iDevice sync with the appropriate iTunes library.

Apple - iTunes - Inside iTunes - Keeping Multiple iTunes Libraries on a Single Computer
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2018- macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Marvin' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Mojave (10.14.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 12.3.1
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 12.3.1

Remove Ads

Ads