Ipad and email spam

This is a discussion on Ipad and email spam within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I have set up my Ipad to receive email messages via BT but I do not have a spam folder on the Ipad. This means ...

Member #

Ipad and email spam

I have set up my Ipad to receive email messages via BT but I do not have a spam folder on the Ipad. This means that I have to use my laptop to review the spam messages in case there are messages which should not be in the spam folder. I also have to use the laptop to delete the spam messages. Can anyone help me with problem please?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    What is BT and who is your service provider?

If your mail service is Gmail or Hotmail it is filtered as you train it to do. They have a spam folder that works only with what you put in. If you get mail from an undesirable source, just slide it in that folder and anytime that mail comes in again from the same source it will automatically find its way to that folder and no other message will. The first configuration of your account is better prepared by your computer after which you adapt it with the iPad.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    Thanks for your reply - BT is British Telecom and our broadband and mail comes from them. The laptop is set up OK and the ipad was synced with the laptop when it was set up. However, I do not have a spam folder on the ipad. Is this normal or can I set one up? I would like to review the spam messages on the ipad and deal with them there. Any further thoughts will be appreciated.

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    You could have your regular email forwarded from the server to a gmail account, and let gmail clean it up for you. Then you could access your mail on the ipad via the gmail app.

Remove Ads

Ads