Unwanted screen actions

This is a discussion on Unwanted screen actions within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Hi everyone hope you can help a newbie, I have an Ipad 1 and whilst it still gives me good service, every now and then ...

Member #

Unwanted screen actions

Hi everyone hope you can help a newbie, I have an Ipad 1 and whilst it still gives me good service, every now and then the screen goes wild. By this I mean that i could be watching a movie or reading an Ibook and suddenly the screen will open other apps repeatably. The only way to stop this is to switch off, wait awhile and then switch back on. But it could happen again withing a couple of minutes or it could go for days without it happening again. I thought at first it may of being due to me cleaning the screen without it being switched off properly. But even if I don't clean the screen it keeps happening. Hope some of you more advanced users can offer some assistance.

Petet

2. Ads

Member #
    Hi Private--

That's very odd and sounds frustrating. Since you have the iPad 1, it might be helpful to do some of the immediate fixes to clear some of the RAM on your iPad.

Have you tried to do the following?

1. Force the app to close?
    2. Try to restart your iPad?
    3. Try to do a reset?

You can try this in order, if an app becomes misbehaves...

Force the app to close down*by pushing the home button twice or by doing a 4-finger swipe to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. Press the app, until it begins to shake. Close out the apps by pressing the red circle in each app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

Member #
    Hi Skimonkey I have tried all that you mention, I have evn done a factory reset and then installed my apps but still the unwanted actions appear on the screen. I am getting desperate. I feel my only course of action might be to take the Ipad to an Apple care centre. I shudder to think what their charges will be.
    Peter

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Probably the best course of action. If you say you are a newbie is it possible that you got this old iPad second hand? A factory rebuild? There seems to be a problem with the touch screen judging from the details you leave. Only Apple can fix it. Ask for an estimate before agreeing to repairs.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by private4587 View Post
    Hi Skimonkey I have tried all that you mention, I have evn done a factory reset and then installed my apps but still the unwanted actions appear on the screen. I am getting desperate. I feel my only course of action might be to take the Ipad to an Apple care centre. I shudder to think what their charges will be.
    Peter
    Yes-I would suggest that you make an appointment with a Genius at Apple and have them look at it. As Ivan reported-it may have something to do with the touch screen response.

Out of curiosity...what ios version are you running on your iPad 1? The latest and last version is ios 5.1.1.

Member #
    Thanks for your replies chaps, i have had the Ipad from new and it has i think the latest version of ios for the Ipad 1. I cannot check as my grandson has the use of it now and i am at work. It looks as if a visit to apple is on the cards

Thanks for taking the time
    Peter

Member #

Unwanted screen actions

Quote Originally Posted by private4587 View Post
    Thanks for your replies chaps, i have had the Ipad from new and it has i think the latest version of ios for the Ipad 1. I cannot check as my grandson has the use of it now and i am at work. It looks as if a visit to apple is on the cards

Thanks for taking the time
    Peter
    Peter--let us know what the outcome is after you go to the Apple store!

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk...

Remove Ads

Ads