Stuck in Recovery Mode iPad 2

This is a discussion on Stuck in Recovery Mode iPad 2 within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; Today my iPad decided to randomly shut down and go into Recovery mode, in the middle of me watching a movie. I wasn't connected to ...

Member #

Angry Stuck in Recovery Mode iPad 2

Today my iPad decided to randomly shut down and go into Recovery mode, in the middle of me watching a movie. I wasn't connected to the internet, so it wasn't doing any weird iOS updates or any backups or anything, and I'm very confused as to why it might just randomly just into Recovery mode.

I should also mention that my iPad is not jailbroken, so I've never encountered a problem like this before.

That being aside, the real problem is that I can't now get out of recovery mode. If possible, I'd like to save my apps and data along with getting out of recovery mode, but at this point I'd just like to be able to use my iPad again.

I have tried holding the power button and home button at the same time for longer than 15 seconds, which restarts the ipad, showing the apple logo, but then it just goes back to the recovery mode screen urging me to connect to itunes.

I have tried several 3rd party softwares, such as tinyUmbrella, RecBoot, and fixRecovery. None have gone further than just restarting and brought me back to recovery mode.

I have tried using iTunes suggestion of Restore iPad, but that downloaded a bunch of updates on my computer, leaving my iPad in recovery mode, nothing accomplished.

HAS ANYONE ELSE ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM BEFORE? Any suggestions as to what I might do to get my iPad working again, preferably without losing my apps and data? And does anyone have a shot in the dark as to what might have caused this problem in the first place?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Personally I'd restore it with the last backup.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    The following steps are from Apple Support:
    1.Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
    2.Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.
    3.Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
    4.When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.
    5.Use iTunes to restore your device.

Additional Information:
    If you started your device in recovery mode by mistake, restart it to exit recovery mode. Or you can just wait—after 15 minutes the device will exit recovery mode by itself. If you want a faster way to fix iPad stuck in recovery mode, try iPad data recovery software.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftalexander1 View Post
    The following steps are from Apple Support:
    1.Turn off your device. If you can't turn it off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time and wait a few seconds for it to turn off.
    2.Plug the device's USB cable into your computer only.
    3.Hold down the device's Home button as you connect the USB cable to it.
    4.When you see the Connect to iTunes screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 one more time.
    5.Use iTunes to restore your device.

Additional Information:
    If you started your device in recovery mode by mistake, restart it to exit recovery mode. Or you can just wait—after 15 minutes the device will exit recovery mode by itself. If you want a faster way to fix iPad stuck in recovery mode, try iPad data recovery software.
    Thanks for your answer , your solution is good for me .with it , i have solved this problem
    Last edited by Qanailltery; 04-03-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    128 times
    This thread is over 3 years old and just attracting spam....closing.
    'Deep Thought' - Mac Mini Late 2014 - macOS Sierra (10.12.4)
    'Orac' - MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 - macOS Sierra (10.12.4)
    'Marvin' - Hackintosh - Mavericks Server (10.9.5)
    'Holly' - Hackintosh - Mavericks Server (10.9.5)

iPhone 6S - iOS 10.3.2
    iPad Pro 12.9" - iOS 10.3.2

Remove Ads

Ads