Sound Problem

This is a discussion on Sound Problem within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I've had my IPAD2 for about 3 months and it has worked like a champ. Last night a number of apps have stopped producing sound ...

Thread: Sound Problem

Member #

Question Sound Problem

I've had my IPAD2 for about 3 months and it has worked like a champ. Last night a number of apps have stopped producing sound through the speaker; but do through the headphones. The IPOD app works fine. A number of the other apps seem to work fine as well. A couple are now producing no sound through the speaker nor the headphones.

I have tried all the standard fixes like deleting the apps from both Itunes and on the IPAD and reinstalling from the App Store, restoring the IPAD,etc.

Any ideas?

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike72 View Post
    I've had my IPAD2 for about 3 months and it has worked like a champ. Last night a number of apps have stopped producing sound through the speaker; but do through the headphones. The IPOD app works fine. A number of the other apps seem to work fine as well. A couple are now producing no sound through the speaker nor the headphones.

I have tried all the standard fixes like deleting the apps from both Itunes and on the IPAD and reinstalling from the App Store, restoring the IPAD,etc.

Any ideas?
    First thing I'd check is the headphone jack on the iPad then I'd go to an Apple Store...

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Make sure it isn't muted. :)
    If you have the slider switch on the side set to mute, make sure you see black around the switch, and not red. If you have it set to lock rotation, double tap the home button and swipe right. You will see a speaker icon on the far left. If it has a slash through it, it is muted. Just tap it to unmute.
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

Member #
    IT WORKED!! Thanks, Graywolf! Not sure how it got that way as I have the slider set on rotation lock. Obviously, i have a lot to learn about the IPAD.

Member #
    Liked
    11 times
    Great. Just wondered because I have never heard (pun! :D) of no sound without mute on.
    iPad 1 16gb Wi-Fi only
    iOS 5.0.0 Redsn0w Jailbroken
    iPod Nano 6th Gen 8gb
    iPod Nano 4th Gen 8th
    Soon to be Verizon iPhone 4S!

Remove Ads

Ads