How To Transfer Files From PC To iPad Mini?

This is a discussion on How To Transfer Files From PC To iPad Mini? within the iPad forums, part of the iPod, iPhone, iPad Forum category; I have an ipad mini. I have a windows 7 PC. I have several gigs of PDFs and other files (no media files) on the ...

Member #

How To Transfer Files From PC To iPad Mini?

I have an ipad mini. I have a windows 7 PC.
    I have several gigs of PDFs and other files (no media files) on the PC. I need to transfer them to the ipad mini. I have itunes installed on the PC and I have the USB cable connected from the ipad to the PC.
    I'm unfamiliar with apple products, and cannot find how to transfer these files. Assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. Ads

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    There are several ways to proceed. Make that numerous ways to proceed.

The first thing to point out is that iOS was made in a way to prevent piracy by making things difficult to move in groups.
    Plugging your iOS device in the computer is the slowest way of doing it. It is faster to proceed from a Cloud like Dropbox with an app like GoodReader. If you are not familiar with Dropbox it is a secured, free 2 GB space on an external server that you use to store data from your computer. GoodReader is an application that you purchase in the AppStore for about 5$ which becomes the bridge between your Dropbox space and your iPad.

There are other similar ways but it all comes down to the same concept.

DocsToGo, iFiles, FileBrowser and Office2HD are other apps that do similarly. Office2HD can also transfer the files directly from the Pc directly from a wire too.

Good luck and give us news when you find out your favorite way.
    Nor white, nor black. Just the passionate shades between...

Yuno Wataï Minh

Finally! A brand new iPad Air2 made its way into my life...

Member #
    I can't install Dropbox on this ipad because it doesn't have IOS7. Also, doing this with a cloud app might be OK if I had to do it only once. But I will need to do this more in the future. Uploading several gigs just to download it again is not feasible.
    Sharing files over a wlan connection is slower compared to USB in most cases. And USB throughput is absolutely many faster than my broadband connection.

Documents To Go mentions being able to transfer files via USB, but for iTunes sharing... Not sure if that would help.
    The other ones you listed don't seem to mention copying files via USB, at least not on their App Store pages.

Will Docs To Go do what I'm trying to do?

I'm getting the sense that the ipad is not capable of basic file transfer.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    There's something else you could try if you have the means. I have two 2TB Hard Drives tied to my home network. They contain a lot of data accessible to all my computers and iOS devices. I can access movies, music, documents, pictures and I can modify documents and store them there too. For this I use FileBrowser. This is my best setup for the iPad.

Yuno Wataï Minh

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    I also have and old iPad without iOS 7. To use Dropbox I don't need their app because GoodReader can access Dropbox itself.

There is another way via USB that you can access and move files. The application is for your pc. It's was called iPhone Explorer. I think it's now called iExplorer.

Yuno Wataï Minh

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    If you want more info on an app than what is described in the AppStore copy the 'Developer's Page' URL in the left pane under the icon.

Yuno Wataï Minh

Member #
    To transfer files from PC to iPad, the best way is to use MobiKin Assistant for iOS. This is a professional tool for iOS file transfer and management. You can use it to transfer files like contacts, bookmarks, books, notes, Calendars, etc. from PC to iPad.
    There are other free ways to transfer files from PC to iPad,you can refer to this article.

Remove Ads

Ads